• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2016 Mr. Olympia Predictions

• Thread starter MuscleMecca Crew
  • Start date
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
2016 Mr Olympia predictions
2016 Mr. Olympia
Sep 16, 2016 - Sep 18, 2016
Las Vegas Convention Center

2016 Mr. Olympia Predictions
Who wouldn’t want to attend an event or enjoy the moment, just plainly cheering the whole time for that one bodybuilder who effectively captures the attention of all the audience? Well, certainly, everyone would grab the chance to be at that place and savor the moment. Aside from the bodybuilding competitions done every year in the world like the Ms. Universe and Miss World, there is one event that everyone always looks forward to, and that is the Mr. Olympia 2016.

Mr. Olympia has already come a very long way. It is a famous competition wherein professional bodybuilders fight for the crown of Mr. Olympia. Every single person in the event, or even the world watching it would scream and cheer their hearts out for the bodybuilder they thought deserved the title. A competition that displays the endless beauty and awesomeness of man when it comes to a well-built body with bulky muscles and amazing curves, what could anyone ask for?

Through the years since the first ever Mr. Olympia competition in September, 1965, many professional bodybuilders have striven and worked hard on their way to the top and competed to win the Mr. O. Who wouldn’t put up a good fight? If the competition itself is breathtaking, what more it would be when we talk about the prize that the winner can take home? The prizes in the Mr. Olympia competitions in the past years were all worthy of the hard work of the professional bodybuilder competitors which have made all the past events a talk of the town, or even of the whole wide world. One of the inaugural winners is Larry Scott who took home a ringing amount of $50,000 for his most coveted victory and the winner of the Mr. Olympia 2015 Phil Heath took home for the fifth time a bountiful amount of $275,000 and no one can tell how the prize for this competition will change in the coming years.

Phil Heath

Mr. Olympia competition is really a big hit in the world with so many predictions of who will win the title. It is a hot and trending issue not only in the country but worldwide. Who would be the next Mr. Olympia victor? Would it be the reigning champion or someone else new or someone we already know? Most of us or rather all of us would want to shout out our bet, right? There is no wonder with that because all of us are badly looking forward for that one who will heat the flame and let it burning again in the next Mr. Olympia which will be held real soon in 2016.

It is human nature to predict something, especially if it is something that interests him. Just recently, one tweet got the fire burning up regarding Mr. Olympia when Ronnie Coleman posted something that cues his return at the Mr. Olympia 2016. While we are not really sure as hell if this is real or not, who couldn’t be even happier? Ronnie Coleman is one of the best bodybuilders of all time and the rivalry between Ronnie and Jay Cutler is known and famous not only in the bodybuilding world but also by all the people in the world, even those people who have not or have never tried lifting even a single barbell in their entire lives.

Rociie coleman
Though there is no doubt that he is one of those that have the best body for Mr. Olympia and indeed a great bodybuilder, one thing that clouds my mind now is that how can he still prove to the world that he deserve the title if he is now already 50 years old? At this time of life, most professional bodybuilders would either retire and rest for good or rather just plainly compete in a special competition which suits or is right for their age. Aside from that, he had suffered a hip replacement surgery just 4 months ago, didn’t he see it as a major disadvantage in joining in the Mr. Olympia 2016?

Though he has proven that he is a great bodybuilder, along with Jay Cutler, many people, including me, would still bet for the reigning Mr. Olympia 2015 champion Phil Heath. His power and overall characteristics can guarantee us that he will again grab and take home the prize and that is for sure. His victory will not end in 2015 because he will grab the title for the next year or even next years, no one can ever tell and that is the job of the time to reveal for us in the near future.

Jay Cutler

Phil Heath will never ever disappoint his fans and supporters and I bet you that he’ll rock his contenders. It will not be a surprise that next year; he will make the other contenders hang by not winning and failing to beat him. I bet everything to him though Kai and Cedric can also put a good fight. Even though Dexter is already 46, he can still compete hand in hand with the new and returning professional bodybuilders. Age has nothing to do with this competition for professional bodybuilders but having the best shape will always matter here, that is why I would always go for Phil Heath.

Phil Heath is now 35 years old and all his fans can expect nothing but his improvement through the test of time and his achievements have proven how far he has gone through in this competition in his five consecutive victories. Will he stop his reign this year? I hope not and I know he will probably not because he has never failed and will never disappoint his fans. All his fans were looking out for him and looking forward to seeing him beat his contenders again in the Mr. Olympia in 2016. He has all it takes to be the Mr. Olympia again and no one can question that. Phil Heath is still in his prime and no one can stop him from getting more victories and fame both in the professional bodybuilding world and in the Mr. Olympia competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mark my words: Phil Heath will win again. If he can control his stomach area on stage, there is nobody that can actually defeat him on stage. Sure, he may lose a couple of points here and there, but as you all know it, in order to defeat the champion, you have to send him to the ground. And at this point, there is nobody that can actually KO Phil Heath. With the recent scandal about not competing at Olympia, Kai Greene will never win the Sandow trophy, that's for sure. As much as I don't like him, he's the only one that could realistically compete shoulder to shoulder with Heath.

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am hoping for an upset to mix things up a bit.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
So what about your 2016 Mr. Olympia predictions? What do you guys think about Shawn Rhoden?

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Heath will continue to win until AMI and the IFBB find a new guy that credits them more.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Heath will continue to win until AMI and the IFBB find a new guy that credits them more.

I agree, but I hope that someone else will rise asap lol.

Just looking at some of the other top their guys, it seems that won;'t be the case for quite a while.

*Kai - if he even competes at the O again - will never get it because of his oddball behavior. And I'm not just talking about skipping it last year.

*Rhoden - too quiet and he doesn't have staying power due to his age. The guy took off seven full years from training (not just bodybuilding). So he hasn't been around the pro circuit that long but isn't going to be able to run off consecutive Sandows, either.

*Wolf - his legs kill him physique-wise but beyond that, he isn't media-savvy at all, either, like Rhoden. Both guys like to keep to themselves and that isn't the promotion machine that the powers that be look for in a champion.

*Dexter - he has already won the O (2008) and didn't really fill the bill for them. He has a cocky attitude like Heath, too. But not in the way that he will push the IFBB as much as himself.

*Wild Card Guys - the Dallas McCarver/Justin Compton types are way too young at this stage of the game. If I had to place a bet on it, I'd say one of these guys are reared to be the heir apparent of Heath. They can be molded into what the IFBB wants and that's all it takes.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

Just looking at some of the other top their guys, it seems that won;'t be the case for quite a while.

*Kai - if he even competes at the O again - will never get it because of his oddball behavior. And I'm not just talking about skipping it last year.

*Rhoden - too quiet and he doesn't have staying power due to his age. The guy took off seven full years from training (not just bodybuilding). So he hasn't been around the pro circuit that long but isn't going to be able to run off consecutive Sandows, either.

*Wolf - his legs kill him physique-wise but beyond that, he isn't media-savvy at all, either, like Rhoden. Both guys like to keep to themselves and that isn't the promotion machine that the powers that be look for in a champion.

*Dexter - he has already won the O (2008) and didn't really fill the bill for them. He has a cocky attitude like Heath, too. But not in the way that he will push the IFBB as much as himself.

*Wild Card Guys - the Dallas McCarver/Justin Compton types are way too young at this stage of the game. If I had to place a bet on it, I'd say one of these guys are reared to be the heir apparent of Heath. They can be molded into what the IFBB wants and that's all it takes.

I agree with everything you said, but I always thought Dexter was like the "transitional" winner, from a multiple Mr O to another. If Jay wouldn't have been in his best shape in 2009, I bet Dexter would have won once again.

So if this year Phil will be off and Dex on as in 2015, then they will give him another win, hoping that this will probably "restart" Phil's hunger to bring his best, ala Jay @ 2009.

Fast forward 2-3 years from now, then Dallas McCarver could be ready to step in as the new Jay Cutler of this generation. He seems to have a very dedicated work ethic & focus just like Jay.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author

I agree with everything you said, but I always thought Dexter was like the "transitional" winner, from a multiple Mr O to another. If Jay wouldn't have been in his best shape in 2009, I bet Dexter would have won once again.

So if this year Phil will be off and Dex on as in 2015, then they will give him another win, hoping that this will probably "restart" Phil's hunger to bring his best, ala Jay @ 2009.

Fast forward 2-3 years from now, then Dallas McCarver could be ready to step in as the new Jay Cutler of this generation. He seems to have a very dedicated work ethic & focus just like Jay.
Dexter has what it takes to win, even at this stage of his career. But the reason why I think he won't get another Sandow is because he is too set in his ways and won't 'go to bat' for the IFBB like Heath does.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shawn rhoden and olympia contract

51c28c1dfe326322f206b29609ecc5c2-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

Dexter has what it takes to win, even at this stage of his career. But the reason why I think he won't get another Sandow is because he is too set in his ways and won't 'go to bat' for the IFBB like Heath does.

Yep, what do you think the odds of a surprise winner like Big Ramy?

What do you think about Kai Greene? Will he bother to compete this year?

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author

Yep, what do you think the odds of a surprise winner like Big Ramy?

What do you think about Kai Greene? Will he bother to compete this year?
Ramy is not the right fit for the IFBB for them to give him 'the stick.' The language barrier is a huge disadvantage.

Kai is done with the O IMO.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone have a top 6 prediction yet?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Heath again. So sad but I believe that's what will happen.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
If (and most likely when) Heath wins, it will be a very interesting one because that will make it six in a row. He will tie Dorian Yates and also match the marks previously set by Yates, Arnold, Haney and Coleman with six consecutive wins. Of course, Arnold totaled seven and Haney/Coleman lead the way with eight (both of which were consecutive).

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
So Joe, How would you compare Heath to those guys? How do you think Kevin Levrone will do?

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
So Joe, How would you compare Heath to those guys? How do you think Kevin Levrone will do?
It's hard to knock a guy who has five Olympias and counting, so Heath is obviously one of the greats. But he has not endeared himself to the fans and has a shitty stuck up personality.

Dorian was the first mass monster to win the O and has that as his legacy.

Schwarzennger's career speaks for itself and he is the Babe Ruth of bodybuilding.

Coleman was just an amazing physical specimen with his mass but I have to be honest and say that Yates, Coleman and Cutler have unappealing physiques for champions. My favorite all-time Olympia physique is Sergio Oliva.

Haney is the true standard IMO.

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I still want an upset - it is boring to already know who is going to win...makes me think of Olympic Figure Skating.