• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Why is hcg important while on TRT?

M

Matt@IMT

Supplementing hcg mimics the bodies natural luteinizing hormone signals to the leydig cells to produce testosterone. While taking testosterone your HPTA(hypothalamic pituitary axis) starts to produce less luteinizing hormone when it detects high amounts of testosrerone in your body which a makes taking hcg necessary in order to keep LH production going strong

Supplementing hcg has many benefits to our well being. It will stimulate the pituitary so that hormones like cortisol,dhea, and TSH can be used in correct metabolic pathways. This gives many a sense of "well being" as many hormone pre cursors are delivered to their correct pathways thanks to the hcg. When your testicles become desensitized to LH(luteinizing hormone) they begin to shrink. Which is something men don't want to hear. Most men don't want to trade smaller testicles and their man hood for a healthier and sexy bod! By supplementing hcg a long with your testosterone therapy you can keep the normal form and function of the testes in check!

M

Matt@IMT

Hcg is human chorionic gonadotropin. And yes you are correct. It prevents shrinkage and keeps the testes functioning properly as they normally would.

IMT Admin

IMT Admin

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Staff member
Sponsor
Good post. This is exactly correct. HCG keeps the HPTA (Hypothalamus Pituitary Testicular Axis) partially functioning. When we inject exogenous testosterone, or any form of testosterone from out side the body, it shuts down what little natural production we have. This causes the testes to stop functioning and shrink.

HCG mimics the LH signal in our body. This is one of the signals that is sent from the pituitary to the testicles to tell the testicles to produce sex hormones.

Offsetting this suppression is important and can help keep the thyroid and adrenal glands functioning. It also spurs progesterone production which is responsible for endothelial function. Lots of benefits to using HCG simultaneously with your testosterone.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hcg is human chorionic gonadotropin. And yes you are correct. It prevents shrinkage and keeps the testes functioning properly as they normally would.
Are there other side effects besides shrinkage?

M

Matt@IMT

Without the hcg while on testosterone replacement therapy you risk other side effects such as hormone imbalance, loss of sense of well being, shrinkage, and fertility issues in long run

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Let me just add one more thing.
Although I'm not on TRT.

When I've done Long or Harsh Cycles.
Testicular Atrophy starts to set-in.
Along with the Shrinkage, it can also become Painful, as your Testicles become very sensitive.

So these days, I run a Low Dose of HCG to avoid this.
And I'm much happier without Painful Testicles, especially at night.