• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How do I Know if I Have a Testosterone Deficiency?

IMT Admin

IMT Admin

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Staff member
Sponsor
Testosterone deficiencies have many different symptoms. Here are the most notable ones:

Low Sex Drive (especially in the morning)

Trouble Sleeping at Night

Decreased Concentration

Trouble Recovering from Vigorous Exercise

Excess Android Fat (this is fat in the abdomen, chest and back of the neck)

Low Energy

Salt and Sugar Cravings

Mood Changes

Decrease in Bone Mass

Depression

Decreased Muscle Mass and Strength

Less Pleasurable Erections

Decrease in Ejaculate Volume

If you have 1 or many of these symptoms there is a good chance you have some sort of testosterone deficiency. The next step is to get lab work done in order to confirm these symptoms are coming from low testosterone.

Dont worry though testosterone optimization can alleviate these symptoms and improve your overall health.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
One sign is if you do not have an erection upon waking in the morning. Once you begin TRT, you'll be waking up with a steam pipe again like when you were a teenager.

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As someone whose natural test production is a scant 153, I can tell you that your entire life will improve when you get on TRT. Not all of it is immediate - some changes take up to a year or longer - but the biggest changes are pretty quick. You will start being happy you are you again. You will start to enjoy life again. Things will matter again. I will never go back to the state I was in before, never ever.

If you are on the fence about this, realize it is most likely the apathy you have as part of having Low T and just do it. You will forever be grateful you did.

Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix

I think I may have low testosterone level. I don't have as strong of a boner as I once did when I wake up. I also tire quickly, especially after working out. I don't know about the fat, actually I'm pretty fit. My question is, is it possible to have low testosterone levels at only 21 years of age?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The number 1 point said low sex drive especially in the morning. If the opposite is true, does that mean that my testosterone level is okay? And what do I get when my testosterone level is normal or higher than normal, does that prevent problems with the prostate? But the last point about the decreased amount of ejaculation, isn't that connected with age? When you get older, the produced semen gets lesser and I think that is normal.

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A simple blood test will tell you your testosterone level. It is always highest in the morning, so try to take it around 11am. Doctors want an AM test, so 11AM is perfect.

No fasting is needed unless you are doing a full blood workup.

G

GEARDEPOT

A simple blood test will tell you your testosterone level. It is always highest in the morning, so try to take it around 11am. Doctors want an AM test, so 11AM is perfect.

No fasting is needed unless you are doing a full blood workup.

Cybrsage is correct. Get a blood test done to include both free and total testosterone. There is a range based on age groups that will indicate if you have low testosterone. Most Drs will only prescribe you testosterone if you are at the low end of the scale.
GD

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some symptoms of low testosterone include low energy levels, mood swings, irritability, poor concentration, reduced muscle strength, and low sex drive.

Last edited:
Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do I just ask my doctor for the blood test?

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!

Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do I just ask my doctor for the blood test?

Absolutely. Talk to your doctor or find a men’s clinic. The men’s clinic will most likely have more knowledge and understanding of low test. And they will have a better understanding of the side effects of trt and how to address them.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff