Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Is Ronda Rousey the Greatest Female Athlete of All Time?

Argument could go either way, right? On the one hand, she's absolutely dominated everyone (except Miesha Tate in their second fight), but on the other hand, how great has her competition been? She looks like a pro fighting teenagers. Does Serena face more competent opponents in her sport? Is this a political thing? We just need to shove some woman to the fore to serve the Female Empowerment narrative?

What do you think? Ronda's the best in her sport for sure. But is she the best female athlete on the planet?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Is Ronda Rousey the Greatest Female Athlete of All Time?

Well I am always a little weary when people want to crown others as the best of all time, or the greatest ever, but it is made even worse when the person who probably should get the award or recognition, is still playing and still dominating and doing her thing. Serena Williams in my opinion is the greatest women athlete of all time, and I can back it up with plenty of evidence too. Of course it all comes down to opinion, but I think Rousey has a ways to go to catch up with Serena.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

This is not to downplay the popularity of Ronda Rousey but her geatness was dented by Holly Holm who beat Ronda to a pulp. With that unexpected loss, Rhonda had to take a long respite in licking her wounds. Before the end of 2016, Ronda will square off with Amanda Nunes for the bantamweight championship. And if Ronda would win then she can claim back her title as the greatest female fighter in the UFC.

Mecca Maniac
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

If Rousey finally gets back in the ring and carries on her career then she COULD be classed as the best female athlete out there, but at the moment I just think she's a could be rather than nailed on. The amount of training and effort that BOTH the Williams sisters have put into their chosen sport and over a number of years certainly puts them at the top at the moment, but at the end of Rousey's career, only then we'll be able to judge her I think.

collapse Posting Permissions