• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is Ronda Rousey the Greatest Female Athlete of All Time?

P

PLP Rob

Argument could go either way, right? On the one hand, she's absolutely dominated everyone (except Miesha Tate in their second fight), but on the other hand, how great has her competition been? She looks like a pro fighting teenagers. Does Serena face more competent opponents in her sport? Is this a political thing? We just need to shove some woman to the fore to serve the Female Empowerment narrative?

What do you think? Ronda's the best in her sport for sure. But is she the best female athlete on the planet?

R

rz3300

Banned
Well I am always a little weary when people want to crown others as the best of all time, or the greatest ever, but it is made even worse when the person who probably should get the award or recognition, is still playing and still dominating and doing her thing. Serena Williams in my opinion is the greatest women athlete of all time, and I can back it up with plenty of evidence too. Of course it all comes down to opinion, but I think Rousey has a ways to go to catch up with Serena.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is not to downplay the popularity of Ronda Rousey but her geatness was dented by Holly Holm who beat Ronda to a pulp. With that unexpected loss, Rhonda had to take a long respite in licking her wounds. Before the end of 2016, Ronda will square off with Amanda Nunes for the bantamweight championship. And if Ronda would win then she can claim back her title as the greatest female fighter in the UFC.

P

pwarbi

If Rousey finally gets back in the ring and carries on her career then she COULD be classed as the best female athlete out there, but at the moment I just think she's a could be rather than nailed on. The amount of training and effort that BOTH the Williams sisters have put into their chosen sport and over a number of years certainly puts them at the top at the moment, but at the end of Rousey's career, only then we'll be able to judge her I think.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rhonda Rousey did beat out a lot of other athletes to win the best female athlete ever, but they compared her to a tennis player, Serena Williams that came in second place - I am not sure about comparing a tennis player with a Ultimate Fighting champion though, but I find it interesting.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is an old discussion that we now know that Ronda moved to WWE because she had no place in MMA anymore. After being defeated by Holly Holm she was bamboozled by Amanda Nunes. Now I am wondering why a loser would be named athlete of the year when there are so many out there to choose from. Maybe it is just the popularity of Ronda that gave her that award.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Argument could go either way, right? On the one hand, she's absolutely dominated everyone (except Miesha Tate in their second fight), but on the other hand, how great has her competition been? She looks like a pro fighting teenagers. Does Serena face more competent opponents in her sport? Is this a political thing? We just need to shove some woman to the fore to serve the Female Empowerment narrative?

What do you think? Ronda's the best in her sport for sure. But is she the best female athlete on the planet?

I'm a fan of Rowdy Ronda and she's proven her mettle in the Octagon but I don't think that a 5 year stint in UFC with a 12-2 record is enough to be branded as the Greatest Female Athlete of all time. I mean Serena Williams won 23 Grand Slam Titles with 31 finals and 8 runner ups in Tennis. To win each of the the Titles she has to beat 12 players who have ranked number one. I think that Serena Williams is more deserving than Rousey to be called The Worlds Greatest.