• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How The Old Bodybuilding Magazines Used To Look Like

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know how many of you are magazines collectors, but I used to be, at least in my country. However, I just found out some pics with some old bodybuilding magazines from the 50's that thought that it would be cool to share.

Health and Strength 1944 - 1950

5ItfUN9-1.jpg

Health and Strength 1951:

jWZoxmU-1.jpg

Full link with pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/I5shY

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Those are super cool I collect old books and news papers

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I too collect old magazines, but nowadays my budget is very tight. There are a lot of ebay sellers, but their prices are more for the American buyers (or for the buyers from the Western Europe). I really can't afford to pay more than $25 per magazine (plus shipping), no matter how cool it is.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I too collect old magazines, but nowadays my budget is very tight. There are a lot of ebay sellers, but their prices are more for the American buyers (or for the buyers from the Western Europe). I really can't afford to pay more than $25 per magazine (plus shipping), no matter how cool it is.
What kind of magazine? Can you post some links?

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great share, mate! Thanks.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Very cool. I have collected them on and off over the years and have some old ones from the 1940s.

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Just go to ebay.com and you'll find a lot. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures with my collection, as they are at home, 300 km away and my dad isn't really good with smartphones.

But my favorite magazine is an old one signed by the legend, Mike Mentzer himself.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Just go to ebay.com and you'll find a lot. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures with my collection, as they are at home, 300 km away and my dad isn't really good with smartphones.

But my favorite magazine is an old one signed by the legend, Mike Mentzer himself.
Ok thanks! But could you tell me some names?
I know only muscular development and flex magazine. Do you know anymore?