• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

HGH for fat loss and reduced cholesterol.

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We all know have heard the Bro-Science that HGH is good for fat loss...but is it really? Much of Bro-Science is quite true, gained from the crucible of human trials by the body builders themselves. But much of Bro-Science is bunk. So what does science have to say about HGH and fat loss? Well read on, my brothers and sisters, and you will see! Not only does it help with fat loss, it also reduces your bad cholesterol (and increases collagen growth). I will break each study up into snippets and discuss the pieces individually.

The first fat reduction study is:
Growth hormone treatment of abdominally obese men reduces abdominal fat mass, improves glucose and lipoprotein metabolism, and reduces diastolic blood pressure. It can be found here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9062473

Thirty men, 48-66 yr old, with abdominal/visceral obesity were treated with recombinant human GH (rhGH) in a 9-month randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. The daily dose of rhGH was 9.5 micrograms/kg.

1mg is 2.7IUs of HGH. A 200 pound person is about 90kg (yeah, 91, but 90 makes the math easier). 9.5 is basically 10, which makes for very easy math. 90 X 10 = 900. 900 micrograms is 0.9 milligrams. 0.9 X 2.7 = 2.43 IUs. That is in the range that most people use, since most people will use from 2IUs to 4IUs per day.

In response to the rhGH treatment, total body fat and abdominal sc and visceral adipose tissue decreased by 9.2 +/- 2.4%, 6.1 +/- 3.2%, and 18.1 +/- 7.6%, respectively. After an initial decrease in the glucose disposal rate (GDR) at 6 weeks, the GDR increased in the rhGH-treated group as compared with the placebo-treated one (P < 0.05). The mean serum concentrations of total cholesterol (P < 0.01) and triglyceride (P < 0.05) decreased, whereas blood glucose and serum insulin concentrations were unaffected by the rhGH treatment. Furthermore, diastolic blood pressure decreased and systolic blood pressure was unchanged in response to rhGH treatment. This trial has demonstrated that GH can favorably affect some of the multiple perturbations associated with abdominal/visceral obesity. This includes a reduction in abdominal/visceral obesity, an improved insulin sensitivity, and favorable effects on lipoprotein metabolism and diastolic blood pressure.

The average fat loss after 9 months of about 2.5IUs of HGH was 9.2%, with some losing as much at 18%!! Overall health was improved as well. The only negative effect was the 2 hour glucose level (GDR). It was harder for the body to remove glucose immediately after its induction, so keep that in mind. After that 2 hour period, the glucose levels were better for those using HGH than those not using it.

And not to leave out the post-menopausal women and fat reduction, here is another study: Growth Hormone Treatment Reduces Abdominal Visceral Fat in Postmenopausal Women with Abdominal Obesity: A 12-Month Placebo-Controlled Trial Found here: http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/....WtSPw6w1.dpuf

Abdominal obesity is associated with blunted GH secretion and a cluster of cardiovascular risk factors that characterize the metabolic syndrome. GH treatment in abdominally obese men reduces visceral adipose tissue and has beneficial effects on the metabolic profile. There are no long-term data on the effects of GH treatment on postmenopausal women with abdominal obesity. Forty postmenopausal women with abdominal obesity participated in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 12-month trial with GH (0.67 mg/d). The primary aim was to study the effect of GH treatment on insulin sensitivity.

Forty women with a mean age of 57.3 yr (range, 51–63 yr) were studied. The initial dose of GH was 0.13 mg/d (0.4 IU/d), which was then increased to 0.27 mg/d (0.8 IU/d) after 2 wk, 0.4 mg/d (1.2 IU/d) after 4 wk, 0.53 mg/d (1.6 IU/d) after 5 wk and, after 6 wk, to the target dose of 0.67 mg/d (2.0 IU/d).

The target dose was 2IU a day. A nice low number that most users will be at or above.

A reduction in serum total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol was observed in the GH-treated women, although the reduction in LDL cholesterol was more marked after the first 6 months (10%) compared with 12 months (5%). In some studies dealing with GH-deficient patients receiving GH replacement therapy, a transient reduction in total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and the total cholesterol/HDL ratio and an increase in Lp (a) have been reported (36, 37). In contrast to these data, no significant changes in Lp (a) or total apoB were observed in our study. One plausible explanation is that the target dose of GH in our study was considerably lower than that used in these previous trials and that men may respond more markedly/differently than women in terms of the lipoprotein metabolism (38). Assessments of body composition by CT scan showed a clear reduction in VAT and an increased amount of thigh muscle mass in the GH-treated women. In contrast to a similar study involving middle-aged men with abdominal obesity who received GH treatment for 9 months (17), we did not find any changes in abdominal or thigh sc AT, suggesting that postmenopausal women are less responsive to the lipolytic effect of GH in the sc fat depots.

HGH is great for reducing cholesteral in women. VAT is visceral adipose tissue, which is the inner belly fat (as opposed to the belly fat found just under the skin). It seems that women will lose the fat on the upper thigh, but not the inner belly fat. Men lose the inner belly fat (and tend to not store fat on the upper thighs anyway, so hard to lose fat that is not there). Sorry ladies, no or very little spot reduction in the belly for you at 2IUs, though you WILL lose fat on the upper thighs. The study does say the results might be different at 4IUs, but they did not test at that level.

The lack of belly fat loss in women was also proven in another study: Effect of Recombinant Human Growth Hormone (rhGH) on Abdominal Fat and Cardiovascular Risk in Obese Girls found here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...rticle_359.pdf

It mirrors the first female study, just on a younger group of women (under 18 years but past puberty). So again, sorry ladies, no belly fat reduction for you.
frown-1.gif
Still, it does improve many other things (cholesteral, the look and feel of skin and nails, and a better overall feeling of well being) so do not discount using HGH.

- - - Updated - - -

For the TL, DR people:

HGH is good for reducing cholesterol.
HGH is good for belly fat loss in men.
HGH is good for upper thigh fat loss in women, but will NOT reduce belly fat in women.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never heard that hgh reduces cholesterol but it sounds better every day.

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Either had I. Three things shocked me about the studies. First is that 10IUs a day is not enough to cause muscle growth. Second is that HGH reduces bad cholesterol. And third is that HGH reduces belly fat in men but NOT women. Just another reason it is great to be a guy. :)

T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you for this sort of tutorial.

R

rz3300

Banned
I have been seeing a lot of advertisements for HGH recently. I am trying to remember if it is the same ad over and over again or if they are different, and I really cannot remember now that I try. It is strange though, and I wonder if something is going on out there legal wise.

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The ads you are seeing are probably the same ones I'm seeing, and it's the same basic ad over and over. I looked it up and there's actually no real HGH in their product, there is just a bunch of precursors that they say will force your body into creating pulses. Scientific testing shows it is not actually doing that.

K

Ketsugo

Actual hgh is used by many pro BB of today along with insulin to pack on slabs of muscle . Why BB of today look more freaky then those from yesteryear. The hgh products that are over counter barely work if at all. Even actual hgh itself does not build muscle dramatically - that's why BB stack. With AAS and insulin . It works over long period to solidify gains , improve recovery or help with sleep , immune system which in turn improve recovery . Even with the other drugs as ideal combo it takes months for hgh to exhert results . Most that say different are imagining . However vital to reaching potential if one competes etc

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I use PSL's Eurotropin at 2IUs a day. I will never get huge from it (need MUCH more than that), but I am seeing fat loos, improved recovery times, improved healing (main reason I am taking it), healthier appearance, and an improved quality of life.

G

gospel

I am labeled as a TR, DR person by technicalities? Does that mean I should take more of this, or that my intake is naturally greater? I just wouldn't know where to begin exactly, either.....

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HGH help us in a number of ways, including weight loss, but we need to pay attention to what we are having. Synthetic HGH that we inject in our body is something entirely different from HGH enhancers, that are completely natural.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
G

goniva

Is HGH purposed more to losing weight, or increasing muscle mass?

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

It helps your body to create muscle easier and to utilize fat better. It all depends on what else you are doing with your body whether you will increase muscle mass or lose fat or both. 2 -4 IUs are good for fat loss. For muscle gain, timing of your injection is everything.

M

mbell4377

Hgh fixed my cholesterol issues in a matter of a couple months. I'm allergic to statins and really are against them anyhow. My dr was blown away by my better cholesterol values once I started hgh, she had no ide it would have such an effect

M

mbell4377

It helps your body to create muscle easier and to utilize fat better. It all depends on what else you are doing with your body whether you will increase muscle mass or lose fat or both. 2 -4 IUs are good for fat loss. For muscle gain, timing of your injection is everything.

Hgh is known for hyperplasia

M

mbell4377

Actual hgh is used by many pro BB of today along with insulin to pack on slabs of muscle . Why BB of today look more freaky then those from yesteryear. The hgh products that are over counter barely work if at all. Even actual hgh itself does not build muscle dramatically - that's why BB stack. With AAS and insulin . It works over long period to solidify gains , improve recovery or help with sleep , immune system which in turn improve recovery . Even with the other drugs as ideal combo it takes months for hgh to exhert results . Most that say different are imagining . However vital to reaching potential if one competes etc

Exactly, it seems the gains made while on hgh, for me, are pretty much permanent...

M

mbell4377

I use PSL's Eurotropin at 2IUs a day. I will never get huge from it (need MUCH more than that), but I am seeing fat loos, improved recovery times, improved healing (main reason I am taking it), healthier appearance, and an improved quality of life.

I've used a lot of eurotropin and it's always been of good quality

K

Ketsugo

Exactly, it seems the gains made while on hgh, for me, are pretty much permanent...

Absolutely but in conjunction with AAS . To optimize hgh you stack with test and or insulin . Personally I will not do a cycle that does not include hgh . I’m my 20 plus cycles I’ve found for me it makes drastic difference. Alone it does but not fast or drastic but you pair it with other hormones it’s like turbo boosting your cycle . Now anyone whom has not stacked hgh with your ASS oh my god first get minimum 3 kits , do minimum 4iu day on cycle you will shock yourself mark my words . Unless you eat shitty and booze it up .
I do personal training and teach martial arts so I have students always ask - how can I gain 100 pound of muscle . I’m like first that’s a lot of hard work but they like expect me to say use 2000g test or increase Dbol or anadrol . I’m like just look at the difference of bodybuilding from today and from 60s and 70s. Like I love the classic look but the freaky huge fast size gains of today is result of figuring out insulin use . People think it’s hgh and only partly correct . The insulin is most anabolic substance on earth . Has scary rep - but ironically if you simply follow protocol of ingesting sugars with alloted time after your shot and keep on hand glucose pills or OJ easily available. It’s so simple a child could ( I do NOT condone !!) my point is you set timer or cell phone alert etc for 10 minutes after injection then eat . You will never have issues. Glucose tabs easy to get at any pharmacy otc and can fit in pocket like lifesavers ( no pun intended ) like example you feel light headed eat a chewable orange tab my fave then I get little six pack Tropicana pure premium you ingest and abracadabra all set. You eat a calculation of carbs post shot which also timed and you never have issue except slabs of muscle - that’s when people accuse you of roids cuz it’s fast . Diet again is everything the insulin after workoutvshuttles the aminos and carbs into the muscle fibers to replace glycogen and build . The hgh effect is amplified as well. There where the myth hgh is this dynamic size builder . Hgh is slow steady but permanent gains and melts fat in the process . In many cases fat burn without the intent . My first stint way back like one day I looked in mirror and was like what the hell? As my cardio and diet was getting harder in my 30s when between 18 and 25 no drugs nothing I’d add 20 minutes of bike and look like my muscles were covered in plastic wrap veins fibers on every single muscle that was without goals of contest then few gym mates encouraged me - for shits I entered placed 8 with no practice no plan I winged it - cuz I was shredded full and personally I had bigger calf muscles when no one did lol. That was before I discovered chems. Which while in some cases I discovered AAS my sore joints dissappeared got stronger but losing fat even with hgh t3 clen is easier off AAS . That’s why I always try to tell newbies to always consider diet and training of utmost .chems help the smartest