Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform

The Best Bodybuilding Food and Diet

What is the best bodybuilding food to eat and the best bodybuilding diet to follow? I know a bodybuilder who eats only chicken breast and rice or potatoes but there is not much nutritional value in that. Do you bodybuilders eat vegetables and worry about vitamins and nutrition or only protien to build muscle? My question is therefor what is the best bodybuilding diet and bodybuilding food while still being healthy?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: The Best Bodybuilding Food and Diet

Well, I don't think there is anything like the best bodybuilding diet plan to follow. In the end, it's all about managing the most optimum balance among carbohydrates, protein, fibre, fat and vitamins. Some diet plans make wonders for some bodybuilders but simply don't work for others.

So, you have to fix your own diet plan that works for you. We can discuss how you want your diet plan to be. That way you'll get different opinions and you can figure out your best plan.

And, chicken breast is chicken breast. It's pure protein. Every bodybuilder must have it in diet plan. So, I suggest you to have it regularly. But rice and potatoes are something different. They should be consumed considerably on a daily basis if you want mass muscle but must not be taken regularly if you want to have lean muscle.

So, the best thing is to specify your bodybuilding goal. What kind of body do you desire to have?

For me, eating is very important when you're bodybuilding. And it's not just eating as well, it's eating more of the healthier and leaner stuff. For instance, I would recommend eating at least 6 times a day. This way, you're not starving yourself and you're getting the nutrients your body needs as you bulk up.

Next, try to eat some carbohydrates 30 minutes before working out. This way, you have some energy to do cardio or even weight lifting.

Also, try to incorporate some protein to your every meal. I would say about 30 to 50 grams for each meal especially if it's chicken breast. That's the protein you would want in your diet. Rice is okay, it's a staple from where I am although most body builders try to have only a cup or less of it.

Incorporate more fruits and vegetables in your meals. Fruits can make up for any sugar you might be craving. And vegetables, well, they're essential for any person's diet.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

For a bodybuilder like my, fruits are more important than anything. I also eat foods with lots of protein. Well, proteins are the building block of muscle in our body and they are the most important source of muscles. The foods with high protein that I eat includes Yogurt, Egg, Milk, Butter,etc. The food chart includes Apple, Banana (most important food for body builders), guava, avocado, pomegranate, etc. In my opinion, these foods are very important for bodybuilding. Since I started eating these stuff, I have seen many changes in my body. So, you can eat these foods on a daily basis. You also need to eat the 'green' vegetables. You need to have a perfect balance of all the nutrients, proteins, carbohydrates to maintain a perfect body.

Last edited by rajeshbody11; 04-07-2016 at 08:01 AM.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I think fruits and green vegetables are the main part. Green vegetables are must for any bodybuilder. Protein foods are also important. Chicken breast is one of the best sources of protein.