• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Best Bodybuilding Food and Diet

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What is the best bodybuilding food to eat and the best bodybuilding diet to follow? I know a bodybuilder who eats only chicken breast and rice or potatoes but there is not much nutritional value in that. Do you bodybuilders eat vegetables and worry about vitamins and nutrition or only protien to build muscle? My question is therefor what is the best bodybuilding diet and bodybuilding food while still being healthy?

H

hell2say

Well, I don't think there is anything like the best bodybuilding diet plan to follow. In the end, it's all about managing the most optimum balance among carbohydrates, protein, fibre, fat and vitamins. Some diet plans make wonders for some bodybuilders but simply don't work for others.

So, you have to fix your own diet plan that works for you. We can discuss how you want your diet plan to be. That way you'll get different opinions and you can figure out your best plan.

And, chicken breast is chicken breast. It's pure protein. Every bodybuilder must have it in diet plan. So, I suggest you to have it regularly. But rice and potatoes are something different. They should be consumed considerably on a daily basis if you want mass muscle but must not be taken regularly if you want to have lean muscle.

So, the best thing is to specify your bodybuilding goal. What kind of body do you desire to have?

Fitspired

Fitspired

For me, eating is very important when you're bodybuilding. And it's not just eating as well, it's eating more of the healthier and leaner stuff. For instance, I would recommend eating at least 6 times a day. This way, you're not starving yourself and you're getting the nutrients your body needs as you bulk up.

Next, try to eat some carbohydrates 30 minutes before working out. This way, you have some energy to do cardio or even weight lifting.

Also, try to incorporate some protein to your every meal. I would say about 30 to 50 grams for each meal especially if it's chicken breast. That's the protein you would want in your diet. Rice is okay, it's a staple from where I am although most body builders try to have only a cup or less of it.

Incorporate more fruits and vegetables in your meals. Fruits can make up for any sugar you might be craving. And vegetables, well, they're essential for any person's diet.

R

rajeshbody11

For a bodybuilder like my, fruits are more important than anything. I also eat foods with lots of protein. Well, proteins are the building block of muscle in our body and they are the most important source of muscles. The foods with high protein that I eat includes Yogurt, Egg, Milk, Butter,etc. The food chart includes Apple, Banana (most important food for body builders), guava, avocado, pomegranate, etc. In my opinion, these foods are very important for bodybuilding. Since I started eating these stuff, I have seen many changes in my body. So, you can eat these foods on a daily basis. You also need to eat the 'green' vegetables. You need to have a perfect balance of all the nutrients, proteins, carbohydrates to maintain a perfect body.

Last edited:
R

rajuii

I think fruits and green vegetables are the main part. Green vegetables are must for any bodybuilder. Protein foods are also important. Chicken breast is one of the best sources of protein.