• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

41 years old and 230 pounds and just started working out I need advice from you guy

C

CYIWORK

Hey
I just started working out and I'm 41 years old and I weigh 230 pounds . I need advice from you guys . All I want to to do is calisthenics pull-up , push-ups , dips ,
body squats . My question to all of you is how long do you think it will take for me to start doing full pull-ups or un assisted pull-ups . I use an assist machine now and I do
pull-ups Monday to Friday five days a week . I do ten sets of ten reps . I take transparent labs pre series bulk before I workout and I also take transparnt lab creatine and optimum nutrition extreme milk chocolate protein powder after I'm done with my workouts. How long before I see improvement . I've been doing this workout for about five weeks now. And ideas on how I can improve my pull-up . What do I need to do . Any advice will be great appreciated . Anything to get me ripped I live in Altoona , Pa would love a new workout partner . Like I said and help with workout tips or nutrition I'm all ears . I'll put in as much work as necessary to make this happen
thanks everyone

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Welcome!

I would alternate your workouts so you give your muscles time to heal for one.

preacherbob50

preacherbob50

I'm no pro by any means but I AM 67 years old and weigh in at 233. Like the man said, (paraphrased) give the muscles you tear up one day a rest the following day. Dunno why you would just want to do pull-ups but, if you are dedicated to doing that there are still some muscle groups you can work on during your "repair" day.
It seems that everything I do demands good core structure so when I used to have "rest" days I still did crunches, reverse cunches, and some oblique work. A few push-ups won't hurt a bit and helps out the deltoids, upper back, chest, traps, and again, the abs.

Hope it helps out. A year and a half ago I had to do assisted pull ups and couldn't budge anything on a cable machine over 50#.
Now I don't even think about pull ups except to warm up. And also, I'm trying to get them to put more than 170# on the cable machine for my tricep workouts. Too many reps......! Good luck!!!

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally, I believe that making use of professional services available at the gym would be a great help to you getting the best out of your workouts routines. So, then I would recommend getting registered at the gym.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just did 40 push ups this morning and I even took a video of my workout (just for the fun of it). When I’m not feeling too strong, I do 30 push ups and when I feel very strong I would do 50. But my workout is only for health reasons and not for bulking. My suggestion is you to the workout by increments. If you are doing 10x10 (sets of reps) then you increase it to 10x11 after 2 days until you can add no more which is the maximum that your body can handle.