BCAA'S A BETTER UNDERSTANDING/MUSCLE SPARING/FATLOSS
Your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation macedog24's Avatar
    Height
    6'
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

BCAA'S A BETTER UNDERSTANDING/MUSCLE SPARING/FATLOSS

While most amino acids are metabolized in the liver BCAAs are metabolized primarily by muscle. Despite their structural similarities the three branched chain amino acids have different metabolic routes. The breakdown of leucine is accomplished solely through fat pathways. Valine is broken down solely through carbohydrate pathways, and isoleucine through both. The different metabolic pathways of these three amino acids lead to varying requirements for each.

BCAAs, unlike most other amino acids, are metabolized in within muscle tissue, allowing them to be oxidized (used as energy) by muscle cells to produce cellular energy in the form of ATP. ATP is the primary source of energy that fuels muscle contraction and allows you to lift weights.

The fact that leucine, isoleucine, and valine are metabolized within muscle tissue allows them to be a quick energy source when the body needs it. There is a significant increase in BCAA metabolism during prolonged exercise simply because the body requires more energy during periods of stress such as training. This makes BCAAs incredibly effective when taken around the time of your workout routine.

BCAAs have been proven in many studies to be a potent performance enhancer, and as previously mentioned, BCAAs make a great energy source for working muscles because of their unique metabolism. This can have a positive impact on performance. Not only can BCAAs be used as energy themselves but they also enhance fat oxidation in glycogen depleted subjects. This allows individuals to train harder for longer without fatigue due to the higher energy demands being met. This goes for both high intensity training as well as endurance training.

the amino acid leucine has also shown promise for increasing insulin sensitivity. Essentially, insulin sensitivity ensures that the insulin within your body maintains its effectiveness. This leads to easier fat loss, more muscle growth, and defense against diabetes.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height
    5'9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: BCAA'S A BETTER UNDERSTANDING/MUSCLE SPARING/FATLOSS

Great info, thanks for posting.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Great article Mace, thank you!

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kayce's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Is this original article? If it is and if you add a picture I will add
    to FB page for mm.

“A world without women would be a pain in the ass”

Member bodybuilding reputation preacherbob50's Avatar
    Height
    6'1"
    Weight
    233 lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Great read Mace! Okay, I'm presently taking about 20 grams of BCAA's and roughly 220-230 grams of protein a day. I'm maintaining 230 lbs of mostly lean weight so would that ratio be good or do I need to tweek it around a bit? I'm working out 6 days a week for an hour or so each day not including any cardio if that helps.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Mountain-Man's Avatar
    Height
    6'1
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Mace knows his shit he is the man my brother thank u

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Mountain-Man's Avatar
    Height
    6'1
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Great information mac u da ma dog

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation macedog24's Avatar
    Height
    6'
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thank you all. Mm how is everything my friend. Sorry for my slacking .

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height
    6'1
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Life sucks right now brother it's sucks balls shitty wife and divorce

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height
    5'9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain-Man View Post
    Life sucks right now brother it's sucks balls shitty wife and divorce
    sorry to hear it.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height
    6'
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by preacherbob50 View Post
    Great read Mace! Okay, I'm presently taking about 20 grams of BCAA's and roughly 220-230 grams of protein a day. I'm maintaining 230 lbs of mostly lean weight so would that ratio be good or do I need to tweek it around a bit? I'm working out 6 days a week for an hour or so each day not including any cardio if that helps.
    What is your goal?

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

BCAAs do have their place! I would still chose an EAA over it however...always look for the rate limiting amino acid for optimal hypertrophy

PSL Sponsored Athlete
    PSL COACH

Height
    6'1"
    Weight
    233 lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by macedog24 View Post
    What is your goal?
    Uh....I have a picture of Reg Parks on my home gym wall. THAT's my goal. Since my last post and because I have some extra time on my hands I've amped up my workouts to twice a day.
    Note: I get a lot of Physical ideas and instruction from a couple of pros at the gym I go to, but their "suppliment" support is a bit more radical than I am willing to go. I've turned into a total CLEAN health and muscle nut and it looks like I might be able to show (amateur) in a year or two but I really need to get all of my ducks in a row to make that happen.

Note 2: Thus far I'm busting up the idea that guys my age can't grow muscle. Granted, I have a great gene pool which helps but I do not want to fail from the lack of a balanced supplimental layout.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by macedog24 View Post
    What is your goal?
    Uh....I have a picture of Reg Parks on my home gym wall. THAT's my goal. Since my last post and because I have some extra time on my hands I've amped up my workouts to twice a day.
    Note: I get a lot of Physical ideas and instruction from a couple of pros at the gym I go to, but their "suppliment" support is a bit more radical than I am willing to go. I've turned into a total CLEAN health and muscle nut and it looks like I might be able to show (amateur) in a year or two but I really need to get all of my ducks in a row to make that happen.

Note 2: Thus far I'm busting up the idea that guys my age can't grow muscle. Granted, I have a great gene pool which helps but I do not want to fail from the lack of a balanced supplimental layout.

Height
    6'1"
    Weight
    233 lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    BCAAs do have their place! I would still chose an EAA over it however...always look for the rate limiting amino acid for optimal hypertrophy
    Thanks @DarkBeast. I'll certainly do my homework on the EAA's. Throw me some recommendations on the usage if you would. For instance: Omit the BCAA's and go Eaa's or a light combo at first and build?
    I have been doing the BCAA's no matter what my diet consists of so are the Essential Amino's the same or do I regulate them according to my diet?

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height
    6'
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

There a few blends that contain bcaa's and eaa's ... they discontinued my favorite vpx powershock. It was pretty awesome.. need a replacement.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height
    6'
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Looking for a comparable blend.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height
    6'
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

should be able to read this one.

Height
    6'1"
    Weight
    233 lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Houston, we have a problem. Okay, I did quite a bit of research concerning essential amino acids and moreover the supplementation of them. Basically, nearly everything I have found in the supplimentation department contains some form of soy isolate which is pretty hazardous to folks over 50 or so.

Guys over 50 are going to have problems with male hormonal balances and soy isolate doesn't help out very much. Matter of fact, it actually decreases testosterone production and increases estrogen levels and I just got rid of the man tit thing so......

One thing I did notice concerning the base compounds is that a good diet will provide all of the essential aminos a person needs and if it's just a matter of amping up on essential amino acid rich foods after a heavy workout I can do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions