• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

41 year old , 1 year training need advice with weight control

E

Ezdrifler

Hi there,

I got back in the gym about a year ago, I am of skinny complection naturally.

I noticed strenght increasing and some gains but finally decided to focus on my protein intake and started increasing it taking about 150 grams daily ( trying to see how that goes before i change it ), and I noticed results. however weight is creeping up on me and im trying to not get too heavy.

I am 6'1"
Male

Training routine:
Mon- Chest/Tri
Wed- Back/Bi
Friday-Legs/Abs

I went in the gym a year ago weighting 243lbs, I dropped quickly to 217lbs, then I went up and stayed at 223lbs for a while, started packing 150/day grams of protein and now im up to 231.

I gained some fat around my waste line but no love handles.

So I decided to do 30m cardio 2-3 times a week on non weight days.

I want to bulk up but I think being this heavy is not healthy on your heart.

Any suggestions appreciated, ill post a picture below.

Im benching max 250
Squat max 275

I know i got a ways to go so i come to the pros :)

E

Ezdrifler

xxxx://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160605/07ccf0599ade54a0e035f125ee799100.jpg

Cant post a link but just change the xxxx to http

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mind what you eat, how you eat and when you eat it. This is the first basic meal fact that you should know when you are set on losing and controlling your body weight. No matter how much you exercise to lose weight and you don't mind what you eat, it'd be a fruitless effort.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The mention of the heart makes it scary because I have known some cases of heart issues as a side effect of excessive workout. Maybe you just have to listen to your body regarding the amount of exercise that if you feel very tired then that means you overdid your workout and when you feel so good then you can increase the reps of what you are doing. You also have to mind the input particularly the protein and supplements. I am not really against supplements but if you can avoid it then just go natural.