TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log - Page 14
Your first visit?
Register

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

This is one of the only pieces of research I have seen comparing low to moderate rep ranges for both hypertrophy and strength.

The study was conducted on two groups of trained men performing a matched number of sets with different rep amounts over 7 exercises:
    1. 3 sets of 2-4 reps
    2. 3 sets of 8-12 reps

The outcomes showed the lower rep group gaining more strength, and the moderate rep group gaining more muscle.

This shows us that heavy load/low rep training is more suited to strength training whereas moderate load/moderate rep training is more suited to hypertrophy training when sets and frequency are matched.

Therefore, there is a drop off point for hypertrophy at lower reps, and rep ranges are important when considering maximising hypertrophy. It is not just a case of equating overall volume!

It would be interesting to see a comparison of hypertrophy response in a moderate (8-12) rep range with a high (20-30) rep range when sets/intensity/frequency is matched. If anybody has any info, please let me know!

Another awesome piece of research from Dr Brad Schoenfeld!

http://www.jssm.org/abstresearcha.ph...ssm-15-715.xml

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

A snap from back and bi's tonight!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

A good quality Greens and Reds powder should be at the top of everybody's health supplement list to ensure you are filling in any holes in your daily micro-nutrient profile!

For those with physique based goals, I would recommend avoiding consuming Greens and Reds powders anywhere in the range of 4 hours pre+post workout to ensure the anti-inflammatory effects to not interfere with the hypertrophy process.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height
    5'9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Very nice!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

When the dieting face starts to sink in

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

How you liking my protein? I hated their flavoring system

PSL Sponsored Athlete
    PSL COACH

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    How you liking my protein? I hated their flavoring system
    Used them for years! The chocolate smooth protein is great, tbh not a fan of any other of their flavours.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Feeling good after a refeed with the Mrs last night! Food has been dropped some more today. Time to push a little harder

Member bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Love your gym. Wish mine look like that.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Dopeboy View Post
    Love your gym. Wish mine look like that.
    Me too bro, I'm very lucky!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Stumbled on this review on PubMed trending and thought it was fitting with the amount of carb-bashing fad diets I keep seeing being touted online.

The fitness industry needs to finally remove their emotional (or financial) attachments to their dogmatic diet beliefs and look at the research for what it is.

Putting this review in context, energy balance is the determinant.

'Current scientific evidence does not support the ‘carbohydrate-insulin model of obesity’.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27901033/

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height
    5'9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Awesome find, that is definitely something I will fully read.

MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Interesting though hard to understand.

I eat breakfast because I'm starving in the morning.

The musclemecca bodybuilding news guy

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I am often asked: 'how fat should I let myself get during my off season/gaining phase?'. The answer is... it depends.

For example, here are two client check ins from today. Both are competitive physique athletes, both are carrying different levels of body fat and both are currently in their individual best positions right now for growth. This can come down to so many variables. (Intake required, fluid retention, body fat set point, PED's to name a few).

Figuring this out can be a long process, but one I feel (especially for competitors) is a seriously worthwhile endeavour.

If any body would like some pointers on what to look out for, feel free to shoot me a private message!

Last edited by MuscleMecca Crew; 12-13-2016 at 09:16 PM.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

In the gym with my lady ❤️

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

TD!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions