TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log - Page 16
Your first visit?
Register

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

Hitting some leg extensions to failure on day two of Fortitude Training!

MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Video!!!!

The musclemecca bodybuilding news guy

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by KaiGold View Post
    Video!!!!
    Haha the vlogs are coming back!! Most likely tomorrow! Do you prefer the vlogs or informative vids brother?

MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Video!!!!
    Haha the vlogs are coming back!! Most likely tomorrow! Do you prefer the vlogs or informative vids brother?
    Vlogs! I have not missed one yet! Good stuff!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Video!!!!
    Vlogs! I have not missed one yet! Good stuff!
    I will record one for you tomorrow bro!!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Research shows high fat intake after aerobic training suppresses the signalling response associated with muscle protein synthesis when compared with low fat intake with protein intake matched.

If the study was recreated for resistance training then we could put it in a better context for our situation, but it at least gives us a clue as to why we should avoid high fat intake post-workout.

I personally like to stick to an easily digested protein source such as whey protein isolate, with a fast digesting carb source with low/zero fat content such as rice based cereals and bagels.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...keletal_Muscle

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Incredible session today hitting some upper body Muscle Rounds!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation BigHulk's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

You are back. Didn't see this forum yesterday. Good to see the log! Keep up the good progress.

MuscleMecca God
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Logs are back!

BH same.. one day I dont see any psl here at all and then all back. it's all good!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height
    5'9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

I heard about that, very strange. All is good though.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Hey guys! We are back!

It's 8am, i'm in Rome, it's my birthday (23 today) and I'm in the hotel gym training legs!! Lol

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

POST-WORKOUT PROTEIN DELIVERY PATTERNS AND MUSCLE PROTEIN SYNTHESIS?

This study shows that light load resistance training (10 sets, 36 reps, 16% of 1RM, not taken to muscular failure) in men aged 65+ was effective in stimulating Muscle Protein Synthesis.

During a 10 hour post-workout period, subjects were split into two groups consuming protein as:
    1. A bolus pattern - 28g whey protein immediately post workout and 12g protein 7 hours post workout.
    2. A pulse pattern - 4g whey protein every hour.

What is interesting here is, when looking at the muscle biopsies, the pattern of protein delivery did not effect the muscle protein synthesis response.

This is a contrast to previous research showing a greater muscle protein response with a bolus protein feeding pattern when compared to a pulse pattern in younger men.

Could it be that the MPS response is age-related, or does the intensity of exercise performed effect post-workout muscle protein synthesis response?

http://m.ajpendo.physiology.org/cont...ndo.00164.2016

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

This weeks programming saw the first repeat of this training blasts exercise rotation.

I added weight, reps, volume or a combination of all of the above to EVERY movement! I couldn't be happier!

Progressive overload = GROWTH!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

forearms looking nasty!

PSL Sponsored Athlete
    PSL COACH

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I often receive questions such as: 'is X food okay to eat for weight loss?' and see statements touted on bodybuilding groups and forums saying 'to get shredded just clean up your diet / cut out junk food'.

In terms of body composition, TOTAL ENERGY INTAKE IS WHAT MATTERS, NOT FOOD CHOICE.

This large scale study found that in 95% of American adults, their total intake of junk food and frequency of which they ate it had zero effect on their weight. The reason for this being for 95% of people, junk food is such a small portion of their overall caloric intake.

This is not to say that the majority of your diet shouldn't be filled with micro-nutrient rich, unprocessed foods, but instead that these food choices are determinants of your health, more-so than your overall body composition.

My point here is that if you want to lose weight, stop focusing on single foods or food types as the issue, and focus on your energy intake as a whole.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...p4.14/abstract

MuscleMecca God
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I often receive questions such as: 'is X food okay to eat for weight loss?' and see statements touted on bodybuilding groups and forums saying 'to get shredded just clean up your diet / cut out junk food'.

In terms of body composition, TOTAL ENERGY INTAKE IS WHAT MATTERS, NOT FOOD CHOICE.

This large scale study found that in 95% of American adults, their total intake of junk food and frequency of which they ate it had zero effect on their weight. The reason for this being for 95% of people, junk food is such a small portion of their overall caloric intake.

This is not to say that the majority of your diet shouldn't be filled with micro-nutrient rich, unprocessed foods, but instead that these food choices are determinants of your health, more-so than your overall body composition.

My point here is that if you want to lose weight, stop focusing on single foods or food types as the issue, and focus on your energy intake as a whole.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...p4.14/abstract
    The last paragraph you wrote is what so many people fail to do unfortunately.

Great write up shadow!

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions