TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log - Page 19
Your first visit?
Register

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

Still deloading, so here are some boring quad and ham stretches from last night!

I hate deloads, but taking them as often as I need is something I have vowed to work on going forward. I worked myself into the ground before this deload, and in my heart I know it was at my detriment based on my bio-feedback towards the end.

For this weeks deload I dropped frequency from 3x/week to 1x/week, cut volume in half, but kept intensity high.

New training block from Austin Stout begins this Monday, I can't wait to begin to push again!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation ArnoldS's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

When you doing another video log?

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldS View Post
    When you doing another video log?
    Recorded one yesterday, so will come out tomorrow brother

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I was just talking with a friend about natural bodybuilding competitions and hormonal issues, and I remembered this case study from a while back that I don't think I ever shared.

In pre-contest natural bodybuilders we see massive decreases in testosterone, insulin, thyroid hormone and leptin, and increases in cortisol and ghrelin.

Natural competitors and prep coaches both need to be very aware of the possible permanent implications you are risking by dieting down to true stage ready condition without the support of exogenous hormones.

Although the particular subject in this case study did recover his natural testosterone production post-show, I have personally seen more than a few cases of natural competitors needing TRT for life after being unable to recover HPTA function after their competition.

Although these adaptations are unavoidable for the most part, the best advice I can give natural competitors is to not remain in show ready condition for extended periods of time, do not compete multiple times per year, and get your bloodwork drawn regularly to ensure recovery of HPTA function post-show and maintenance of during your off-season.

In my opinion, although there really isn't anything too healthy about competitive bodybuilding, this is a case in which TRT at a minimum should be used by all bodybuilding competitors whom value their health to mitigate the negative consequences of causing this level of hormonal imbalance and possible permanent damage.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23412685

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Finally my dreaded deload is over with!

New programming begins tomorrow, so make sure you follow along my upcoming Vlogs to see how I progress under the guidance of Austin Stout

Last edited by TalkAdmin; 02-15-2017 at 04:00 PM.

MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post

New programming begins tomorrow, so make sure you follow along my upcoming Vlogs to see how I progress under the guidance of Austin Stout

https://youtu.be/VvZP1NfLRss
    Video not working bro! congrats on being done with deloading!

MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by KaiGold View Post

Video not working bro! congrats on being done with deloading!
    Working now!

The musclemecca bodybuilding news guy

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation BigHulk's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Good stuff shadow

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height
    5'9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Outstanding! You are a motivation to the rest of us!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post
    Outstanding! You are a motivation to the rest of us!
    Thank you sir! I have a good vlog coming for you guys tomorrow!!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Looking forward to the vlog

PSL Sponsored Athlete
    PSL COACH

MuscleMecca God
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    Looking forward to the vlog
    Same

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Here it is, our first ever podcast!

For our special guest this week we have Ben Stevens, incredibly intelligent biomedical scientist and expert on sweeteners and their possible health implications.

We talk sweeteners, GDA's, mTOR, Sodium for bodybuilding shows and loads more!

Last edited by TalkAdmin; 02-15-2017 at 03:59 PM.

MuscleMecca God
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Here it is, our first ever podcast!

For our special guest this week we have Ben Stevens, incredibly intelligent biomedical scientist and expert on sweeteners and their possible health implications.

We talk sweeteners, GDA's, mTOR, Sodium for bodybuilding shows and loads more!

https://youtu.be/MsTQinvZOMs
    Can't wait to check it out later!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Last edited by TalkAdmin; 02-15-2017 at 03:59 PM.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation macedog24's Avatar
    Height
    6'
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

excellent first video back ! sucks about the camera, unfortunately as busy as you are ,im sure it happens often. keep up the great work.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by macedog24 View Post
    excellent first video back ! sucks about the camera, unfortunately as busy as you are ,im sure it happens often. keep up the great work.
    Thank you Mace!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Here's a free laugh at my expense to brighten up your Thursday morning!

https://youtu.be/6lUoXO7yQO8

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions