Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

So glad more and more people are remembering scar tissue can become an issue for many

PSL Sponsored Athlete
    PSL COACH

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Mecca V.I.P.
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Thudgens96's Avatar
    Height
    5'6
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

By far my favorite place to pin.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Case study showing zero negative effects on cholesterol from consuming 25 eggs every day for 15 years straight.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056...99103283241306

Mecca V.I.P.
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Thudgens96's Avatar
    Height
    5'6
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Eggs have been getting a bad rap for a long time. And I know of several guys including myself that can bring their body fat into the 6% range eating the yolks too at a dozen a day.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

BODYBUILDING MYTH: GROWTH HORMONE NEEDS TO BE RAN FOR LONG TIMES TO SEE ANY BENEFIT

In this research, highly conditioned athletes were given 8iu of GH 3x/week (M/W/F).

No other exogenous hormones were used, and diet was set at maintenance calories, with a protein intake of 2g/kg.

In just 6 weeks, these participants made significant increases in LBM, and decreases in total fat mass. In other words, they added muscle and lost fat.

Take-away points being for us as physique athletes...
    1) GH does not need to be ran for extended periods of time to cause any benefit
    2) GH absolutely does not need to be ran alongside AAS to produce results
    3) GH can within itself cause significant changes in body composition
    4) GH does not need to be ran at ridiculous dosages
    5) Protein intake must be sufficient to produce increases in LBM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3170408/

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Date night... push workout followed by a refeed watching Narcos

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Ive heard Narcos is amazing but havent given it a chance...like it that much?

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    Ive heard Narcos is amazing but havent given it a chance...like it that much?
    It's awesome man!! Definitely recommended.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Highly recommended listen for anybody researching insulin, and it's proper applications in both diabetes and bodybuilding.

https://youtu.be/jiuZ9Jd89Jw

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Insulin has great merit in its use for anti ageing purposes, and has began cropping up in a few anti ageing clinics recently.

Take away point being, nobody should ever let their fasted BG rise above 100 if they care about their health and longevity, and if it does, appropriate action must be taken.

Some simple solutions could be:
    1) Use a basal insulin, start dose at 0.1 units/kg/day (if not already an insulin dependant diabetic) and adjust accordingly with the aim of fasted BG landing around 85.
    2) Reduce carbohydrate intake
    3) Both resistance training and resistance training have been shown to reduce BG
    4) Include insulin sensitising supplements/drugs such as metformin or a GDA
    5) Reduce total body fat
    For you research nerds, here's the science https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319489/

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I thought this would be an apt piece of research to share that I stole from Chester Rockwell, as I have seen this attitude often recently.

To quote the study: 'People often discount evidence that contradicts their firmly held beliefs...'

These individuals, when presented with contradicting evidence to firmly held beliefs, display increased activity in their brains associated with self-identity, threat and emotion.

I have seen this today in the form of a bikini competitor saying she runs 1g+ AAS per week because 'she knows her body', and became extremely agitated when I attempted to help, and present evidence to the end of how unnecessary and detrimental her drug use is.

My best advice, don't be this person. To truly excel in your knowledge and progress intellectually you will have to adapt and evolve with ever-emerging evidence, which will involve changing your mind on many things. This is something I have done on a huge scale regarding growth hormone thanks to the man mentioned above.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28008965/

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Apologies for the lack of personal updates/content - we have been so busy this past fortnight that it has been impossible to do anything else outside of our coaching work and training.

Anyway... might as well give you guys a personal update. Finished my last blast at 220lbs give or take, just over one week into my cruise I'm down to around 213lbs. As esters clear, weight will drop but calories have been increased anyhow to hopefully establish some sort of equilibrium. Now at 180f/660c/360p on training days, and 235f/130c/360p on my rest days. I haven't changed GH, Insulin or Peptides yet since beginning my cruise period, but insulin in particular will come down in time.

Once my hormones are steady and weight is holding, a mini-cut is most definitely on the cards as my insulin sensitivity is starting to dwindle down.

Here's me getting beat by an EMOM round of deadlifts!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation BigHulk's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

it's all good. good work and tx for the update

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Hows the progression been brother?

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    Hows the progression been brother?
    Very good my man! Holding around 215lbs at the minute. Mini-cut on the horizon. When are you throwing up some prep pics?!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Funny title! Informative video!

The musclemecca bodybuilding news guy

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions