TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log - Page 3
Your first visit?
Register

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation macedog24's Avatar
    Height
    6'
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

It is nothing like being able to do your thing , and knowone is around to slow you down! Solitude is awesome sometimes

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Managed to get a quick push workout in between soundcheck and going on for tonights show.

I came out of the gym to see that my girlfriend had prepared my post-workout meal, ironed my clothes and got everything ready that I need to take with me tonight!

To have somebody that will go to the gym with me at 3:00am after 3 solid days and nights of work, travel across the country to see me, and above all believe in my dreams and support me endlessly is the best feeling in the world.

I challenge you all this evening to let somebody close to you know how much you love and appreciate them, no matter how awkward you might feel about it. You never know when it could be your last chance to tell them.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

A quick leg shot... From back day

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Caught mid-way through a Lats giant set.
    For your metabolic work for Lats, try lining up 4 exercises in which lats are the prime mover, choose a different rep range for each movement, and hit each exercise one after the other in a giant set fashion
    Try it out and let me know if it helps to grow your wings!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height
    5'9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Awesome tip, thanks!!!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post
    Awesome tip, thanks!!!
    Try it out and let me know how it goes brother!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

WHY TAKE BCAA'S WHEN I CAN JUST TAKE LEUCINE?

I am seeing a trend recently of people choosing to supplement with Leucine alone in place of BCAA's.

So we know that Leucine is the BCAA that is most responsible for activating muscle protein synthesis via mTOR, so do we REALLY need isoleucine or valine?

The research says... YES

Some key reasons include:
    Isoleucine and Valine are both essential amino acids that your body cannot synthesise by itself
    Isoleucine helps to prevent fat gain and even enhance lipolysis via upregulation of the UPC2 and UPC3 enzymes
    Valine increases endurance by competing with the uptake of tryptothan. (An amino acid that converts to serotonin - serotonin sends signals to the body that you are fatigued!)

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The quad pump after hitting some NOS sets last night/this morning was crazy!

Next time you hit some Leg Extensions, try a quadruple drop set sticking to 10-15 reps per drop and let me know how those quads feel!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

A little pad-work from this morning!

Just waiting for my shipment of Euros to land and then the next blast begins!

Last edited by TalkAdmin; 03-21-2018 at 07:38 PM.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

WHY THE ELDERLY SHOULD RESISTANCE TRAIN

To go along with the tonne of evidence we already have to support resistance training in the elderly, this newly published study showed in just 8 weeks:

large improvements in aerobic capacity. This is particularly important to note as due to reduced muscle function in the elderly, resistance training is one of the only forms of exercise that allows them to achieve this benefit.

improved glucose tolerance.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The anti-GMO movement is massively growing in popularity both in the fitness industry and in the general population.

The fact is, if we stopped all GMO's today, and continued with our current eating habits in the developed world, more than half of the world would starve to death within two years.

GMO grains allowed us to feed more livestock for less money, which caused meat consumption in the west to rise due to its reduced cost, and the surplus of grains we had left over caused the world population to rise from 3 billion to what it is now.

If we ban GMO's now, all of the extra food we are able to produce as a result will stop. 80% of the worlds calories come from GMO grains today, so it's easy to see how devastating this would be.

In terms of nutritional value, the evidence against GMO's is inconclusive, and in fact for the most part genetically modified foods and proving to be MORE nutritious in many circumstances.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height
    5'9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

IMO, I see two distinct kinds of GMOs. The first group (A) is where they genetically improve something the plant already has, for example a resistance to a bugs. Selective breeding (which we have used for many millennia) does this exact same thing only a lot slower. The second group (B) is where they take the genes from one organism and splice them into another organism. For example, taking the genes from fish that make it resistant to cold and splicing them into corn to allow it to grow in colder climates.

I have absolutely no problem with A. B, though, think should have an ingredients list that spells out all the different organisms are that were used to make the final product. It can sill be sold, but the consumer should be made aware of the ingredients, like all other foods are required to have.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post
    IMO, I see two distinct kinds of GMOs. The first group (A) is where they genetically improve something the plant already has, for example a resistance to a bugs. Selective breeding (which we have used for many millennia) does this exact same thing only a lot slower. The second group (B) is where they take the genes from one organism and splice them into another organism. For example, taking the genes from fish that make it resistant to cold and splicing them into corn to allow it to grow in colder climates.

I have absolutely no problem with A. B, though, think should have an ingredients list that spells out all the different organisms are that were used to make the final product. It can sill be sold, but the consumer should be made aware of the ingredients, like all other foods are required to have.
    Agreed! Awesome input man, thank you!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

SQUATS ARE KING.

Want big legs? Squat heavy, squat deep, squat often.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

B E T A - A L A N I N E

Beta-alanine supplementation is hugely popular in the bodybuilding world, but is worth it?

The meta-analyses on the left showed a 2.85% benefit in performances lasting from 60-240 seconds.

The study on the right showed that after supplementing with BA, no statistically significant benefit was seen in performance markers such as total work capacity, time to exhaustion etc.

Judging by the research, unless you are doing a tonne of high-rep work, beta-alanine supplementation for the bodybuilder appears useless.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

A lat spread from tonight... Whilst training chest

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

HOW TO MAXIMISE LAT RECRUITMENT ON LOW PULLING MOVEMENTS...

1) Allow complete scapula protraction (let your shoulder blades stretch forward) at the bottom of each pull
    2) Retract your scapula (squeeze shoulder blades together) at the top of each pull
    3) Pull towards your hips
    4) If using a dumbbell, laterally crunch slightly (twist your trunk) into reach rep

Next time you are hitting back, try this out and let me know if it helps at all!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

As requested, a quick word on MK-677.

Although often mislabelled as a SARM, MK-677 is in reality an oral GH secretagogue.

Growth hormone and GH peptides such as GHRP2/6, CJC etc typically have to be injected to be utilised by the body, but MK-677 has been designed to withstand the pH of stomach acid and avoid being hydrolysed into an inactive form, and the research shows it does this very well.

MK-677 works by...
    1. Increasing GHRH (growth hormone releasing hormone)
    2. Amplifying GHRH signalling in the brain
    3. Decreasing somatostatin (scroll back to my post on horny goat weed for a complete explanation of why this is so important)
    4. Inhibits somatostatin receptor signalling

So what does the research say? One study found subjects taking MK-677 at 25mg/day increased their GH and IGF-1 levels by up to 89% in just one week!

What can it do for you? Increasing your GH and IGF-1 levels has so many benefits including...
    1. increased lipolysis (fat oxidation)
    2. Increased lean muscle tissue
    3. Tightening of loose skin
    4. Increased healing time of injuries

Clearly MK-677 is an extremely effective compound and does what it has been designed to do very effectively! If any of you have ever used MK-677 or plan to in the future drop me a DM!

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions