TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log - Page 37
Your first visit?
Register

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

Poor digestion is what essentially ruined my last growth phase, so I have ensured that going into this one, I am prepared.

I have had terrible digestive health in the past, but right now it couldn't be better. Here are some very simple modalities outside of the typical 'eat more veggies' obvious choices that you can implement into your day to ensure your digestion stays at maximum capacity:

- Nutrient variance. It is well documented that appetite is neurologically blunted by frequent stimulation from the same food type. Vary your food sources! Even intra-meal food variance between macronutrient sources is hugely beneficial.
    - Slow down and chew your food properly.
    - Concentrate on the task at hand, this means not eating whilst working and inevitably rushing your food.
    - Eat in a stress-free environment. The gut:brain axis has a greater effect than many realise in nutrient assimilation. As above, take a break from work, sit in the garden, watch some YouTube.
    - Perform some light PNS-stimulatory activity before you eat. Take a stroll outdoors, perform some light stretching/yoga or breathe work.

Please remember that these are just some simple pointers that anybody can utilise to improve their digestive health. Digestion is an extremely complicated mechanism as a whole, as there will be a great degree of inter-individuality to taking steps towards fixing specific digestive issues.

If you'd like some more in-depth discussion on digestion, head on over to www.jjphysique.com/podcast and check out the episode on digestion with Austin Stout.

Pictured you see my current pre-workout meal. 300g squash, 100g spinach, 6g coconut oil, 6g EVOO, 120g chicken breast, 120g 95% lean beef, 3g salt. Tonnes of nutrient density and variance, and all food types I personally digest very well. I use Headspace for some short meditation, followed by 10-15 minutes of static stretching before this meal. I shut all of my work down and concentrate on every bite and appreciating the meal.

Hope this helps!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation ArnoldS's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Great information! I have digestion issues too!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Sorry for the terrible camera pic! Just a screenshot from today's #iphonevlog.

Anyway, after a solid 6-7 months of focussing on optimising all health markers with Austin (bringing body fat down, resetting insulin sensitivity, optimising digestion, sleep, stress, waking heart rate, blood pressure, aerobic capacity, mobility, blood markers) today I finally begin a solid growth phase.

Taking 6 months out may seem crazy to some with serious physique goals, but to truly optimise your longevity and progress in this sport, correcting these markers BEFORE pushing for physique development should always be your priority.

With that said, it's time to make some ridiculous progress!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

OPD Podcast #7

My Recovery/Transformation + OPD Seminar News with Austin Stout.

This week we had a dual-subject episode!

Firstly we dig into the first public details outside of the OPD Group about the upcoming seminar featuring Austin and myself early next year.

Next up was an uncomfortable subject for me to discuss, but something that is absolutely important to cover. We spoke about the poor health I came to Austin in and my physique regression over the past year, my terrible experience previously with another coach and how that left me hospitalised/fat/insulin resistant, how we tackled my issues, the ins and outs of my fat loss phase and exactly how we are pushing forward with my first solid growth phase with my 'unusual' drug metabolisation.

https://www.jjphysique.com/podcast/

Or for iTunes listeners, search 'Optimal Physique Development' in Podcasts!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Got tight hip flexors? Mine have been getting tight recently due to some very long drives and sitting down more than usual, so I have been throwing this stretch in along with my standard weighted stretching intra-workout, and it has made a world of difference. Visually, this looks very easy, but do them right and you will be in a world of pain.

Immediately following any quad based metabolic work, grab a stable bar and get into position on the tips of your toes. Breathe out and fully contract the abs and focus on creating the shortest distance between your sternum and your hips whilst driving your hips forward. Now try to lean back as far as possible whilst being locked in this position.

The occlusion effect of the blood pooling from your metabolic work with this stretch is absolutely agony.

Have a go and let me know what you guys think!

MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Genius! This guy is a bodybuilding genius!

The musclemecca bodybuilding news guy

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Current back shot, around 197lbs!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post

Current back shot, around 197lbs!
    Shadow going for 212's! Kicking ass!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

OPD PODCAST #9 - Female Special featuring Marty Mega MacPhee

Marty joins Jasmin and myself on this episode touching on a tonne of useful information for you girls out there.

We cover everything from choosing the right coach, health concerns, and do you really want to compete?

More female focus episodes to come, going in detail on subjects discussed in here, so keep your eyes out!

As always, for you Apple listeners, go ahead and search 'Optimal Physique Development' in Podcasts to get this on your device.

https://www.jjphysique.com/podcast/2...-marty-macphee

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Rest day for me today. What this really means for me is a day dedicated to maximising health and recovery, as opposed to the primary focus of the days I resistance train being anabolism.

Here's a collection of some modalities I use on rest day right now to maximise on the above goals...

- fast for 16 hours upon waking (digestion + insulin sensitivity)
    - consume no direct sources of carbohydrate, veggies only (insulin sensitivity)
    - meditation and static stretching session (PNS activation)
    - long, slow walk during my fasted period (PNS activation)
    - no exogenous insulin, or oral AAS
    - Reduced GH dose, just 2iu upon waking for some FFA mobilisation during my fasted period (insulin sensitivity)

Here is a photo of one of my rest day staple meals, and how I break my 16 hour fast. 25 large egg whites, 55g almond butter, 5g sea salt, tonnes of cinnamon and 100g sugar free syrup.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Will do full update with pics etc as usual... but just keeping note of changes as they happen.

BG was looking like this yesterday:
    Fasted: 91
    2 hours after protein + fat meal: 85
    Half way through workout: 81
    2 hours after PWO meal: 90

Little higher than I'd like, but creeping up as I expected as the initial insulin sensitivity of being fresh from the diet is calming down.

So adjustments:
    + 4iu lantus
    + 2iu LOG to each dose

Of course the plan isn't to keep increasing insulin as sensitivity dwindles and end up hyperinsulinaemic, but the doses are still very low, and this is just adjusting on an initial super-compensatory state.

Had a tough workout last night, looked like...

High Incline DB Press: 4 x 12/10/10/8 RPE9

Reverse Band Bench Press: 5 x 6 2:1:1:1 - 60 seconds rest. RPE8

Superset - 90 seconds rest. RPE9
    A1) Constant Tension DB OHP: 4 x 12/10/10/8
    A2) Behind Body DB Side Laterals: 4 x 5

Dips (chest focused, with abs crunched and elbows flared): 3 x AMRAP

Went straight into a 2 minute hanging stretch on dip station from the final set

Standing Miltary Press: 3 x 15 (speed)

Weighted Sleeper Stretch

Reverse Crunch: 3 x AMRAP

Single Leg Seated Calf Raise: 6 x 10 RPE9 21:1

Weighted Calf Stretch

Seated Ham Curl: 1x100, 1x50. AMRAP with partials

Weighted RDL Stretch

Did some wide grip dead hangs for a couple of minutes, hip flexor stretches and practised vacuums for 10-15 minutes.

Going in tonight for a heavy pull session.

MuscleMecca God
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Cool! Waiting for the updates and pics!

Mecca V.I.P.
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Thudgens96's Avatar
    Height
    5'6
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Brother I have been doing this on and off for 25 years and I would guarantee that I've learned more in the last bit reading your thread and watching your videos than I have for at least 10 years. Thank you for all your hard work and then all the time of sharing. U da man!!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Thudgens96 View Post
    Brother I have been doing this on and off for 25 years and I would guarantee that I've learned more in the last bit reading your thread and watching your videos than I have for at least 10 years. Thank you for all your hard work and then all the time of sharing. U da man!!
    Thank you sir! That means a tonne, especially since I am not even that age myself lol. I hope I continue to be useful brother

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Time for another weekly growth phase update...

Weight is pretty wacky right now with lots of fluid going in and out, but generally holding around 200lbs. (+20lbs up from dieting phase).

One week into new training block, 11 days into AAS blast and it is all coming together perfectly.

Adjustments that have been made this week:
    - +4iu lantus daily and +2iu log with each carb meal. BG was starting to creep over 85 at times, so we are controlling that.
    - +10g fat on all days, +5g protein on all days, +25g carbs on training days

The goal is still to slowly keep growing without pushing too hard and screwing insulin sensitivity/condition early on.

Any questions on current training, diet, drugs, or the why's and how's of these adjustments, just comment below!

Mecca V.I.P.
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Thudgens96's Avatar
    Height
    5'6
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

This is going to be fun to watch.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Trying to grow some horseshoes before an all you can eat bagel and cereal fest tonight

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions