Your first visit?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
    MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

I'm doing something I haven't done in a long while this week and taking 4 full days off of training. I am truly overreached at this point, and am kicking myself for not being objective with my own biofeedback and quitting whilst I was ahead earlier. I think in future, I will either have to program in deload periods rather than auto-regulating them (as I will convince myself I am great, when I'm not) or let my HRV guide them primarily. The plan over the next four days is to focus in on getting this HRV up to scratch primarily. I will be implementing a 14 hour fast daily, no direct carbohydrate sources, restorative yoga, deep belly nasal breathing work and a tonne of switching off and doing nothing.TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Charlie's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

What do you mean by restorative yoga shadow?

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I've posted quite a list of write-ups on vitamin d3's effect on overall health, but here's another good reason why you should be conscious of your d3 levels.

A relatively new systematic review looking into the effectiveness of combined resistance training and vitamin d3 supplementation in older adults found greater strength increases when pairing the two when compared to exercise alone.

I recommend if possible, for everybody to look into bloodwork and dose d3 accordingly. According to your geographical location, time spent in sunlight etc the daily dose recommendation will change. If this isn't available to you, a 'safe' fail-safe dose would be somewhere around the 10000iu/day mark.

http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/7/7/e014619

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

THIAMIN

I recently ran through a nutritional consultation with a new client who was suffering some issues metabolising carbohydrates/poor glucose tolerance. She had switched to a traditional keto approach as she assumed it was an insulin resistance issue (as previous diet was very high carbohydrate as a % of total calories), but had began to since notice some issues with her sight since switching.

For some context, this client is vegan, whose protein intake is relatively low. Previous carbohydrate sources before switching to the ketogenic style diet were in the majority refined grains, with protein coming trace from a limited number of vegetables. Upon switching to the ketogenic approach, the calories coming from refined carbohydrate sources were swapped for oils and butter.

This was screaming a thiamin deficiency issue to me, so she went ahead and got a urinalysis for organic acids status, and our suspicions were confirmed!

Since this consultation, we have increased total plant protein intake, increased total carbohydrate intake from fortified sources and all peripheral neuropathy has gone, blood glucose is sitting really nicely in the 70-75mg fasted and post-prandial range and we have been able to increase total calorie intake from carbohydrate pretty hard initially with no metabolic issues or blood glucose intolerance.

I know this is a pretty unique case, as the majority of us are getting more than enough thiamin from plant/animal protein sources, but these individual cases do exist, and it is important that we know how to recognise and correct them when they do crop up in ourselves, or clients.

The attached research in an excellent read into thiamin and the relative clinical effects of its deficiencies: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1375232/

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Mecca V.I.P.
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Thudgens96's Avatar
    Height
    5'6
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    My man awesome video. I am really looking forward to the video you mentioned that you will be coming out with soon. On going into a contest. I couldn't agree more on not dropping anything. Personal expierience. My last show a month out I looked like i was ready for the stage. Starting following all this advice and I do believe they were trying to help. Just say I didn't look the same at all win game day came. You watch videos with dorian yates about the same topic he just looks at them in disbelief why would I change anything then.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Thudgens96 View Post
    My man awesome video. I am really looking forward to the video you mentioned that you will be coming out with soon. On going into a contest. I couldn't agree more on not dropping anything. Personal expierience. My last show a month out I looked like i was ready for the stage. Starting following all this advice and I do believe they were trying to help. Just say I didn't look the same at all win game day came. You watch videos with dorian yates about the same topic he just looks at them in disbelief why would I change anything then.
    Exactly man. If you are spot on, don't change anything! Planning this video tonight actually.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    What do you mean by restorative yoga shadow?
    Sorry, missed this one. Restorative yoga focuses a great deal on deep belly nasal breathing and meditation, less on difficult stretching.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Drealdeal's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

11 weeks in, holding around 216lbs this week.

Weight dropped a bit this week and I tightened up, but then crept up to where it was last week but I am looking tighter.

No real weight gain this week and BG is holding real good (70-75mg fasted every morning).

Adding in 20g protein every day, and 30g carbs on training days. (20g in post-workout meal, 10g in post post-workout meal).

One more week left of this training programming before starting a new block next week.

PED's are continuing as they are for now.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkTheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log
    BAck looks awesome JJ

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Drealdeal View Post

Weight dropped a bit this week and I tightened up, but then crept up to where it was last week but I am looking tighter.

No real weight gain this week and BG is holding real good (70-75mg fasted every morning).

Adding in 20g protein every day, and 30g carbs on training days. (20g in post-workout meal, 10g in post post-workout meal).

One more week left of this training programming before starting a new block next week.

BAck looks awesome JJ
    Thank you brother

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation CRobin's Avatar
    Height
    6'0
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Damn brotha over the last couple years you’ve really gotten shredded as f***

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Drealdeal View Post

BAck looks awesome JJ
    Thank you bro!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The lighting in my gym = perfect atmosphere, but awful for photos.

Anyway, feels amazing to start a new block of training after this deload. Everything is ready and firing on all cylinders, we are locked and loaded to really crank it over the next 4 weeks.TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

RAAS + Cardiac Hypertrophy for AAS Users

Cardiac hypertrophy is a very real side effect of PED use that all users should actively be working to minimise over time, and inhibiting activation of the RAAS is something that could be considered to help with this goal in respect to AAS use.

RAAS = renin–angiotensin–aldosterone system. RAAS regulates arterial blood pressure, water and electrolyte balance, but pathological activation results in vasoconstriction, vascular and cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis.

It appears all AAS activate RAAS, but some animal studies seem to point toward varying degrees, with nandrolone seemingly being the worst culprit. (although, I have never seen human data on this).

Blocking RAAS has shown benefit for hypertension, heart attack, chronic heart failure, stroke and renal disease.

ACE Inhibitors and angiotensin are both clinically effective for inhibiting RAAS activation. ARB's seem to be the most commonly prescribed medication as ACEI's do cause intollerance issues in many.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2938800/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24258356
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...genic_steroids

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation macedog24's Avatar
    Height
    6'
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Brand new research shows that only 19% of men diagnosed with low testosterone received TRT.

Sadly, for those of you who follow this page and other TRT/PED related groups, this won't come of any surprise.

The scary thing is, this is only amongst the total of men who were actually screened for testosterone, how many others have been missed due to misdiagnosing the symptoms (which we know happens with depression frequently), or were denied a testosterone check for whatever reason. I know for a fact from the multiple messages I receive every day about exactly this, the number is far far greater than this.

We know long-term testosterone therapy is both safe and efficacious. We know the multitude of quality of life and health benefits it offers. Regular testosterone checks must become a part of regular routine health screening for men as we age if we are really going to keep a handle on our health.

If you feel you are suffering from low testosterone symptoms and have a GP that is reluctant to look further. I'd recommend heading over to a private blood testing service like Medichecks and taking the issue into your own hands. A simple testosterone check is only £30, and could save you a great deal of ball-ache (no pun intended) in the long run.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1472884/
    Great advice shadow! Way to many of us have this common issue, and our GP just doesn't seem to want to even check for.. let alone acknowledge the possibility of having this condition.
    They would rather turn a blind eye so they dont have to deal with this problem.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

collapse Posting Permissions