Your first visit?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
    MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

'Drink more fluids to eat less'.

This is one thrown about the general population a tonne, but how true is this?

In this research, subjects drank 1,2,3 and then in the follow-up, 4 bottles of water before a buffet, and their calorie intake monitored.

When 'normal weight' subjects drank 3 bottles of water in the first study, they consumed fewer calories. Overweight/obese subjects intake remained unchanged however. All participants showed reduced 'liking of food items' and hunger was reduced in female subjects.

In the follow-up, interestingly water intake didn't effect calorie intake in any conditions.

Based on this research alone, it doesn't appear we have enough evidence to suggest actively increasing fluid intake pre-feeding as a method to reduce total energy intake.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29678599/

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TheShadow's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I remember vividly Jon saying to me over our initial phone consultation 'just get these bloody legs to grow'.

Here we are a few months in and i'd say that goal is well underway.

All of the extra meticulous focus on execution and proper programming is worth it, especially in already advanced trainees like Jon where the basics have been covered.

TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Massively proud of a long-term friend and client Wayne.

Adding some really nice stage weight over the past 2 years.

We are just getting started here man!TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

(Yep he put them the wrong way round lol)

Just under 2 months of body composition progress for my client Alex here.

We ran through a real rapid mini-cut to resensitise some markers that weren't where they should be, pulled out all drugs and got all health parameters in line, and now reaping the rewards growing like a weed. TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

WOMEN!

Females have lower bone mineral density than men. They also lose it faster, especially when at menopause. Amount of muscle mass and bone mineral density in females is related, whereas in men, it is not.

So what can you do? In very basic terms...

1. Resistance train. Every female should regularly train with weights, full stop.
    2. Consume sufficient protein.
    3. Stay on top off hormonal down-regulation as you age, use HRT as necessary.

If you want me to get deeper into strategies to achieve any of the three points above either via future posts, or the podcast, let me know!

https://academic.oup.com/biomedgeron...dFrom=fulltext

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

My good friend and client Chris Faulkner.

On the left...
    - Macros at 200g protein, 100g fat, 300g carbs
    - Big time digestive issues. Constant bloating throughout the day, inability to increase calories, no appetite
    - 222lbs morning fasted weight

On the right...
    - Macros at 350g protein, 50g fat, 560g carbs on training days, 290g protein, 90g fat, 45g carbs on rest days
    - Zero digestive issues at all, huge appetite
    - 215lbs morning fasted weight

Much larger intake but visually leaner and bigger, all digestion problems solved, BG sitting in a really nice spot, nutrient partitioning cranking hard. Super happy with the progress here!
    TheShadow - PSL Sponsored LogTheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

OPD PODCAST #25

The Evil Genius Broderick L. Chavez on Drug Use for Physique Athletes.

The Evil Genius joins Joe and Austin this week to answer you guys questions, discuss some personal PED ventures and general steroid chit-chat specifically with the goal of hypertrophy/fat loss in mind!

PODCAST LINKS

Audio: https://www.jjphysique.com/podcast/2...sique-athletes

Podcasts App: Optimal Physique Development

Social Links:

Broderick Chavez:
    IG: @bl_chavez
    Email: b.chavez@teamevilgsp.com
    www.teamevilgsp.com

Joe Jeffery​
    IG: @joejefferyuk
    Email: joejefferyuk@gmail.com
    www.jjphysique.com

Austin Stout​
    IG: @austinst8
    Email: datas4@aol.com
    www.integratedmandh.com

SPONSORS:

Mediphorm Site Enhancement - www.mediphorm.com
    The very first of it's kind, highly advanced hyaluronic acid based site enhancement product. Mediphorm is self dispersing (no lumps/clumps/blurring of condition), water based, pharmaceutical grade, and lasts up to 18 months with minimal applications.

Kompak Show Day Essentials - www.kompak.store
    From bikini competition suits to jewellery, plastic cups and rice cakes...
    KOMPAK helps competitors during the busiest time of their prep by reducing the time and stress related to getting everything you need in place, so that you can focus on what really matters, bringing your best package to the stage.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

One month in here with a newer client Stevie.

This initial phase has been a tonne of pulling back, relearning and correcting a tonne of variables, so it's cool to see some strong physique changes peaking through in the process.

Digestion, insulin sensitivity, electrolyte balance and aerobic capacity are all nailed now. A few more weeks working on training execution/pro-prioception/generating intensity and then we get a little more aggressive on the primary physique goals!TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Couple of poses upon waking 8 weeks into this 'growth phase'.

Bumping carbs another 40g on training days here.

Now at...
    Training day: 490p/465c/40f
    Rest day: 350p/50c/75f

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Showing the lower body, on an upper day.

Wearing my new favourite Full Force Gym t-shirt.

After some AAS stack modulation over the past 8 weeks I feel like I have nailed a solid androgen:estrogen ratio that is allowing me to have my e2 as high as i'd like it, DHT high enough to prevent DHN binding preferentially but still run 'high' GH/insulin/nandrolone whilst keeping extra-cellular fluid and lethargy to a real minimum.TheShadow - PSL Sponsored Log

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Case study on a white 28 year old male using AAS throughout prep to compete in mens physique.

Subject was using masteron prop, testosterone prop and trenbolone ace throughout the prep at around a 1g/wk total throughout.

Despite using AAS, skeletal muscle tissue loss occurred, likely due to large reduction in protein intake and excessive resistance training volume.

Practical take-away being, as if this wasn't obvious already... don't reduce protein intake and train with ridiculous training volumes during extended deficit periods, even when using supra-physiological amounts of AAS.

http://www.mdpi.com/2411-5142/2/4/37/htm

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

After seeing some awesome objective anecdotes and literature on CBD from Austin, I'm excited to finally get my hands on some high quality CBD oil.

I am also giving my Dad half of this bottle - he suffered a severe nerve injury last year and still battles excruciating nerve pain, so it will be interesting to gather some anecdote to hopefully support the positive neuropathy effects I've seen in some of the literature on CBD use.

Huge shoutout to the guys at UK CBD Oils for getting this out to me, and providing qualitative lab report testing on your products.

I will update you all next week on my findings!

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

collapse Posting Permissions