• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Partial reps?

Lewriter

Lewriter

What's your opinion on partial repetitions?

Particularly this movement-range limitation sequence:

- A quarter.
- Half.
- Three quarters.
- Full.

When I tried it with the "continuous tension" method, ie, virtually without pause or "cheating", I could see how effective it is to achieve good congestion and burning.

Is anyone around here a fan of partial reps?

Fortachon

Fortachon

That's a method which is commonly used by the military, it's one of the most powerful techniques I've ever tried and it's also the best one, holding tension to burn the muscle is the ideal move to break the fibres and make the muscle grow, it's highly recommended by professional calisthenics, I do that technique when I feel like I need to bump my chest a little bit more than usual, but other than that, it's great.

C

cardinals27

I would also have to agree that this is a good method to use when you are trying to build up your muscles. It is difficult but if you can fight through it, it will definitely help muscle grow. I tend to do this a lot.

C

Clair02

Partial reps are probably the best way to get you stronger and to build up your muscle. There is really a great amount of leverage in using more weight on that limited range of motion.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally, I think it's a good one. I have taken part in partial reps for a especially when I went for one year youth Corp Federal government program, it really helped me to keep fit always all through the year serving as a Corp member.