• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How will Dexter ‘The Blade’ Jackson fare at the 2016 Olympia?

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
As of this writing we are less than six weeks out from the 2016 Mr Olympia competition, so bodybuilding fans all over the globe will be anxiously awaiting any news and updates about their favorite competitors. In terms of fan favorites, Dexter Jackson is up there with some of the best as he is renowned for having legions upon legions of loyal fans who have supported him for the duration of his professional bodybuilding career. In the past, Mr Olympia contests have been unpredictable and have had a great deal of anticipation behind them, with the main headlines being dominated by fierce rivalries, or simply by dominant champions who have looked unstoppable. This year however, the Mr Olympia doesn’t have that, with many fans already accepting the fact that, more than likely, Phil Heath will once again retain his title, and that will be virtually all we’ll see from him for the next year or so. However, you would be foolish to underestimate Dexter, as although he may be getting a little old in the tooth, he, like always, looks phenomenal and will certainly have his sights set on placing first. But just how well will The Blade fare at this year’s Olympia? Let’s take a look, shall we?

Who is Dexter Jackson? – Dexter ‘The Blade’ Jackson is an IFBB professional bodybuilder with numerous bodybuilding titles under his belt, including a Mr Olympia win, which he picked up back in 2008. He stands at 5ft 6 and weighs in at around 218 pounds when he competes. Born in Jacksonville, Fl, Dexter is one of the most respected and most recognized faces in professional bodybuilding, and at 46 years of age, he is one of the older competitors, though he is far, far, far from being over the hill just yet. Dexter has been consistently competing, and winning more often than not, for more than two decades, and he even has an NPC competition boasting his very namesake, in the form of the Dexter Jackson classic. He first competed back in 1992 in an NPC contest in which he placed third. A few years later in 1999, he competed professionally at some of the biggest contests in the world, and once again, placed very respectfully. It was in 2008 however, that really got Dex on the map, as he defeated Jay Cutler, to win his first and currently his only, Mr Olympia title.

How will he do in Vegas? – Pro wrestler and avid bodybuilding fan Triple H, once said something along the lines of ‘Dexter is Dexter, we all know he’s going to show up and look great, he always does’, and Trips was absolutely right. Many pro bodybuilders will look dramatically different six, seven, even eight months out of a contest, yet Dex is always in fantastic shape, he stays lean, and he retains his size. However, looking so great could be a curse, as although he certainly doesn’t look any worse, he does struggle to make improvements, because he already looks so great. After a while, the more you see of his physique, the less of a wow factor you get, simply because you’re so used to him looking so great. With that being said, Dexter is looking right on point for being a few weeks out, so it is likely that he will once again finish in the Top 5, although if Phil shows up off, then who knows, he could very well become a two time Mr Olympia.

Dexter jackson

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I want either Dex or Kevin (this would be insane I know) to win. :D

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Keep dreaming.. Not going to happen but would be killer!

T

texashulk

I think one of them will top Mr Phil

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Dexter looks better but Phil Heath is always favored by the judges.

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unless Phil comes bloated, Dex can't defeat him. Let's be real for a minute. Phil is the en-titre champion, he is sponsored by the main sponsor of the Olympia weekend and more than that, he is younger than Dexter. With all due respect for the Blade, he just can't outrank Phil unless the champ comes in a really bad shape.

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am hoping for an upset to make things exciting again. That and Phil just does not inspire or excite me.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unless Phil comes bloated, Dex can't defeat him. Let's be real for a minute. Phil is the en-titre champion, he is sponsored by the main sponsor of the Olympia weekend and more than that, he is younger than Dexter. With all due respect for the Blade, he just can't outrank Phil unless the champ comes in a really bad shape.
That could be true but Dex is looking better than ever almost. I think he could do it if the judges are not biased.

T

texashulk

Blade is looking perfect. Got some midsection muscles I have never seen.
But like history shows, judges tend to favor current mr o.
Let's hope we got some clear minded judges.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Jackson is truly an amazing bodybuilder. The guy has looked the same forever and never is off, always in great condition no matter how many times a year he competes. And he, as the wily veteran, must be eating it up that no one is mentioning his name as a potential winner due to all of the press that Kevin Levrone is getting and also Kai Greene, who isn't even competing. Jackson has a Sandow to his name, as well as being the runner-up a year ago. He will be a tough out once again but probably headed for another second or third place finish.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Correct me if I am wrong, but in order to be the new champion, you have to KO the actual champion, not just gain a few points. Of course, I am biased, as I am a declared Heath fan. However, even in his best shape he can't defeat Heath. I think that his real battle will be against big Ramy.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Correct me if I am wrong, but in order to be the new champion, you have to KO the actual champion, not just gain a few points. Of course, I am biased, as I am a declared Heath fan. However, even in his best shape he can't defeat Heath. I think that his real battle will be against big Ramy.
In the majority of cases, the champ does need to be KOed. And I agree that when you have a guy like Heath who has won five consecutive Olympias, he should by all means get the benefit of the doubt. He would have to come in really of like Jay Cutler did in 2008 to not win.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the majority of cases, the champ does need to be KOed. And I agree that when you have a guy like Heath who has won five consecutive Olympias, he should by all means get the benefit of the doubt. He would have to come in really of like Jay Cutler did in 2008 to not win.
Even if Phil show's up in total shit condition he will win.