• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What do Bodybuilders think about Calisthenics?

Fortachon

Fortachon

Well, the title appears to be explicit enough. I have noticed that Bodybuilders do not really like Calisthenics at all, is this somehow true? Or it's just a myth? Let me know what you think about this situation, lets discuss.

C

Clair02

I've always thought that calisthenics was a great way to improve your upper body and to increase your strength and physique in general. I don't know why more people aren't into it, but personally, I think they are good for increasing your body's flexibility.

Fortachon

Fortachon

Right, it also works for increasing your stability, stamina and strenght in generall, not only the upper body.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Calisthenics is resistance training with your own bodyweight, so I think everybody has done these, and most bodybuilders do some of these as well - because they are good for improving strength, flexibility, agility, balance, coordination and aerobic conditioning as well.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am not really a body builder but my take on calisthenics is just a warm up for the real workout particularly the lifting of weights. I can agree that calisthenics can build up stamina that we need and it also depends on the activity where the stamina is needed. Calisthenics is also more for the agility because we do that when I was playing community basketball.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally, I have no problem with using Calisthenics in order to get best out of my upper body building. In fact, it literally helps to work generally on one's agility, endurance and energy levels when working out. It's a good combination in my opinion.