• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Motivation for Bodybuilding

D

Daniel Dormer

What's your true motivation for building your body? Is it a personal reason or are you trying to impress someone/people? Let me know.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This thread may be irrelevant to me now but let me share my opinion. I was a skinny boy when I was 10 because I was indulging in soccer. When my parents notices that I was losing weight, they asked me to quit playing soccer. Being skinny at that age, I was not able to gain weight until I became an adult. When I was a teenager, it was my dream to have a nice body when we go swimming in the pool or in the beach. The motivation was that desire to look attractive to the girls. However, I didn’t have the resources to go to the gym and I also didn’t have the time because I was studying and I had so many chores at home. But now that I am already old, that dream is just a dream.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People have various reasons for their motivation but essentially it all boiks down to either looking good or for fitness/sports.

In either case, I feel an average built body looks much better than a well delineated sartorious, deltoids or trapezius. Too much spoils the fun.

T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My reason for taking to body building is primarily for personal reasons. I want to be physically fit and strong at times. I like to be respected for being a physically strong man

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I was younger, I wanted to be bigger and have more strength for playing basketball, so I mostly had barbells and dumbbells down in the basement. I always had a Muscle Builder & Power magazine on hand for some motivation and instruction as well.

C

Caguioa747

Banned
Think about why you lift: is it purely 100% for aesthetics, or for your mental and physical health? Juicing up would help your gains by a fraction but is that shit good for you? Are you lifting for your long-term health or for your beach bod or Instagram or even a show?

B

bourehim

Motivation comes and goes, to me, i's more like something I do as second nature, I don't need no pet talk, no music, I just do it.