• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How do supplements work?

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know these are just to replace what we can't with regular food items however, how do they help in body building?

R

rz3300

Banned
I cannot say that I really know the science behind them, but I just take it to be making sure that you get all of those nutrients and things that you need to maximize your work out efforts. I do appreciate the brands that do attempt to show how they help though, even though I am not really sure if they are correct of not. I guess we just have to take their word for it to some degree.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think supplements are just to replace what we can't get with regular food, at least bodybuilding supplements. Some supplements might work like that, but others truly enhance our training. So basically we don't get rid of hard work, but our work pays off more due to the supplements.

P

pwarbi

in recent years as supplements have got more and more popular, I do think that people have started to think that if they take them then they don't have to work as hard in the gym, or hen they are watching hat they eat. They think that they can replace the healthy food and the working hard in the gym by taking a supplement but that isn't how they work and it's only recently I think that people are starting to understand that.

There are supplements to help with anything and everything these days, but that's what they are...help, they shouldn't be used as a replacement for anything if we really want to get the best out of them.

G

goniva

Most of the people do not absorb enough nutrients through food itself. Although it cannot replace a healthy food, it will still help to complement the deficiency of certain nutrient that you cannot get completely from food, such as proteins.

P

pgcc604

I know these are just to replace what we can't with regular food items however, how do they help in body building?
they help exactly how you said. it's hard to eat 300 g of protein a day in food for my last contest I did I was on 300 g of protein a day if I didn't have protein powder there's no where I could make no way I can make it so yes supplements replace what you can't get from natural food

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk