• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Can one remain in shape without exercise?

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually I do want t loose a bit of excess chunk around the waist. While dieting brings it down, I simply can't be consistent with it. I am too lazy to exercise n too busy as well.

Are there any proven belts that really reduce belly fat and not just push the bulge in temporarily. I am not looking for corsets please.

T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you do not like or want exercise to remain in shape then you should work on your diet. Go for low calorie food aim at body maintenance. But for the excess belly fat I think you need a special exercise for that.

B

biege

Well no but it depends on your definition of shape. You can can have shape but of course if you're not going to do anything what do you suppose expect your shape is. Being lean and fit it another thing of course, the body fat percentage for being lean is 14-17% for men and 21-24% for women (from Builtlean.com).

If ever you'll be loosing fats your skin will sag if you don't train or exercise, and it will just look ugly, I'm sure you don't want to look like that.

R

rz3300

Banned
Well it seems to defy logic, but I think we all know that one person who we all consider the luckiest person. They never work out or lift or anything and eat like a slob and there they are having a great body. That is not the most of us though, so it is frustrating. It is very rare, though, at least I would think.

D

Daniel Dormer

Well, I seemed to remain in shape without exercise for almost two years. However my diet was still good and I did not put on any excess weight. Just keep healthy and don't eat bad and you should be fine for a while. I don't this can't be prolonged though so you should at least exercise once in a while.

N

nflfan2016

The only way to be in a good shape without exercises - to eat healthy food and reject alcohol (other bad habits)

P

pwarbi

Personally I think it is possible to stay in shape without regular exercise because if you take care of your diet then it is possible to keep your body weight down. As for staying fit though I'm not so sure because that's a totally different thing. To stay fit then your body does need to keep physically active as for all of us that go to the gym know only to well, if we don't go for a couple of week and then start back it really does take a bit of time to get back your level of fitness that you used to have.

B

biege

Well, I seemed to remain in shape without exercise for almost two years. However my diet was still good and I did not put on any excess weight. Just keep healthy and don't eat bad and you should be fine for a while. I don't this can't be prolonged though so you should at least exercise once in a while.

I agree. You cannot really prolong it without exercise because I've experienced this myself after stopping from working out for about a year. You should at least do exercises so your muscles won't waste away or get atrophied.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don’t think your body will agree being in shape without any exercise because the fats will make your limbs cranky like a rusty bicycle. At least you have to do your daily bending, stretching and a little bit of push up for burning the little fat in the crevices of your muscles. However, if your job is a physical one like those masons in the construction company then I guess that can serve as your exercise already. But if you have a sedentary job like me, being in the office all day, then you might as well indulge in a little exercise of your own to keep you fit.

CRobin

CRobin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is really no way to cheat your way out of it there is no magic pill or belt that will make you look the way you want to look. Eat and train Even if you are tired. start out with just 15 minutes of cardio 3 days a week. Run around block 4 times. Get creative! You can do push-ups in your living room and sit ups and planks. You tube is a great tool and can show you so many exercises you can do at home. Do one each day for 15 minutes and you'll start to really enjoy it I promise. There is that few months of awe this sucks until one day you start to feel amazing every day all day and you want to get that work out in because you know it will make you feel good during after and even the next day. You begin to be better at your job and possibly even make more money because people will notice the new you the you that works hard and is motivated and dedicated and can tackle challenges and as for the dieting you won't want to eat bad foods because you won't want to ruin all that hard work you put in and for what a French fry?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could walk home from work and skip the bus ride home - brisk walking is always good. Also you could just take the stairs at work , and try to stay hydrated as well, drinking more water helps increase your energy levels and promotes weight loss. Also cut out excessive snacking, thus reducing sugar and sodium levels as well.

C

Concentrix

I am sorry to say but to make your body remain in shape without exercise and diet is impossible. You need to fight your laziness or else you have to face the undesirable consequences. Not exercising would lead you to acquire some health problems such as obesity, hypertension, heart disease and possibly some cancers.

Jayson

Jayson

It depends on your occupation. If you have a work intensive "type of work" I suppose it would make up for exercise. However, who has that these days? Anyway, I doubt you could get in bodybuilder shape - as you couldn't target all muscles, but you could get in "general shape".

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It depends on your occupation. If you have a work intensive "type of work" I suppose it would make up for exercise. However, who has that these days? Anyway, I doubt you could get in bodybuilder shape - as you couldn't target all muscles, but you could get in "general shape".
That may be the reason why some laborers are not doing any workout but they got real muscles. The physical exertion needed in their job may be equivalent to the workout that we do. One mason said that carrying buckets of cement mixture is like carrying heavy dumbbells.