Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Likes Likes:  0

Question Why Do Some People Lose Weight Faster Than Others?

I was wondering why some people lose weight faster than the others even if they do the same diet and work out. I've seen some people who shed more pounds than others and I think it has something to do with ones metabolism. However, there are also some who have fast metabolism yet they lose weight slower. So what are other factors to consider why this happens?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca Maniac
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Why Do Some People Lose Weight Faster Than Others?

One of the reasons that some people will lose weight faster than others is simply because their metabolism works faster. Some people can gain weight a lot faster then others also, and it's the same reason I'm guessing. We are all built in different ways of course but I know how frustrating it can be myself but not because of losing weight, but the exact opposite, I am trying to put weight on and no matter how much I eat I still can't seem to gain the amount of weight that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    One of the reasons that some people will lose weight faster than others is simply because their metabolism works faster. Some people can gain weight a lot faster then others also, and it's the same reason I'm guessing. We are all built in different ways of course but I know how frustrating it can be myself but not because of losing weight, but the exact opposite, I am trying to put weight on and no matter how much I eat I still can't seem to gain the amount of weight that I want.
    Exactly it all depends on your metabolism levels or the rate at which your body burns calories. So you should focus more on your exercise and do things that can burn your calories faster. It is seen that adding some weights to your workout session increases metabolism levels.

Also important is to have a good sound sleep at night every day. According to experts if you are stressed up your metabolism levels will go down and result in obesity. Stress activates a hormone called cortisol that slow down the process. So follow a balanced workout plan, be relaxed, entertained and always be health conscious about what you eat and drink; you can achieve your desired metabolism levels and weight.

One reason may be because fat distribution is not the same in human beings. The way fat is distributed in your body determines how fast you lose it. Genetics and cell or body structure cause us to respond differently to various types of exercises that's why it's advisable to try out different types of exercise.

Genetics and hormones play the major role in weight changes. Of course externally, factors like diet and exercises add on to this make up.

Others have diseases which make them put on or lose weight naturally like thyroid diseases and DM just to mention a few.

Mecca Maniac
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Sleep is extremely important like you say, and I think that not enough people actually take that into consideration when we are talking about losing (or gaining) weight and maintaining a healthy, well balanced diet. To become and stay healthy then obviously diet and exercise is important but so is rest and relaxation as well. If our bodies aren't getting enough rest then that will also be unhealthy, and no matter what you eat or drink, or how much you exercise your body will always be stressed out due to lack of sleep if you don't know how to relax and switch off.

It's all about genetics and how fast our metabolism is. If we have ever heard about the HGH that really explains a lot about what happens inside our body.

When I was younger, some of my officemates are envioius of my metabolism. We eat together and I even eat a bigger volume than what they have on their plates. We do sports activities together too. But I remain trim and quite skinny actually while most of them were having a problem with the weighing scale. I think I was 30 at that time just like most of my office mates. My metabolism normalized when I was past 40 which made me gain weight naturally (even if I maintained the volume of food I eat).

Some people are just genetically blessed with being able to cut up or put on muscle.

Naturalbodybuilder.com - Natural Bodybuilding and Fitness Information.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY