• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bench Press Grip

D

Daniel Dormer

What grip do you use. I used to just get down and lift but I have recently revamped my form and I am now using the bulldog grip which has made things way more easier. What grip do you use?

jolter604

jolter604

Tren lube gives girls ass mass
Sponsor
I prefer lining up my hands with my shoulders and do close grip after for tris on chest day but every 4th week i go thumbs to shoulders to work the outer pecs

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What is the bulldog grip?

Reactions: TalkAdmin
D

Daniel Dormer

What is the bulldog grip?
I almost lost my hand earlier this year due to an unrelated incident. Since then I have been having problems with.. basically anything that requres the use of my right hand.A fellow gym member decided to teach me how to utilize my strength better by teaching me the grip. It was a bit annoying at first but you get used to it. There is a good website that explains it, I can't post direct links but you can find it on Stronglifts if you Google it.

Last edited by a moderator:
jolter604

jolter604

Sponsor
B611a19eee31c4d2c93c3037a1b68d65 1
i found this pic showing were to hold it

R

rz3300

Banned
I have never heard of the bulldog grip, but it sounds like it is working for you. I guess I am somewhat fortunate having not had to alter my standard grip for any injury or anything like that.

Reactions: TalkAdmin and jolter604
jolter604

jolter604

Sponsor
I have never heard of the bulldog grip, but it sounds like it is working for you. I guess I am somewhat fortunate having not had to alter my standard grip for any injury or anything like that.
It's like when I do French curls or skull crushers when I burn out close grip bench I fold in my thumb feels better

Reactions: KaiGold and TalkAdmin
RonnieColemanFan

RonnieColemanFan

Bench Press with shoulder wide grip is the best workout to engage your pecs. Wider grips emphasize more on shoulders than chest. Having Bulldog grip would relieve stress from your wrist.

Reactions: KaiGold