Knockout artist has a disadvantage against a grappler
Your first visit?
Register

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Knockout artist has a disadvantage against a grappler

I have just seen the live fight on tv of UFC bouts particularly that fight between knockout artist Mike Perry and Alan Joubain. The favorite was Perry because of his record of 9 wins, all by knockouts while Joubain has 10 losses already. But Perry was not able to come near Joubain who was quick with his footwork and adept with his grappling skills that Perry suffered takedowns every round. The result was a unanimous decision for Joubain simply because Perry was not able to deliver a clean punch.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Knockout artist has a disadvantage against a grappler

Interesting and surprising result really, but in such fights the outcome depends a lot on how the fighters "fit" in their opponents, meaning, a superior fighter can be unable to win to a theoretical inferior one that is a good defender with good footwork.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Knockout artist has a disadvantage against a grappler

I'm not sure that we can say that one style of fighter will always beat another, just that that's what happened on this occasion. If they two fought another 10 times, I get the feeling that the win record may be shared because even though in this fight the so called 'grappler' won, on another night a one punch KO can happen to anybody so it will all depend on a lot of different factors other than just fighting style.

collapse Posting Permissions