• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

CM Punk tries UFC

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From WWE, CM Punk tried his hand at UFC. The 37-year old wrestler had his UFC debut against Mickey Gall who is also a newbie with 2 wins and no losses. In that UFC 203 bout, Gall had an easy time defeating Punk via a rear-naked choke. Punk didn't have an opportunity to hit Gall who had a quick takedown in the early seconds of the fight.

This may be a lesson to the wrestlers that real MMA is not for them.

P

pwarbi

This might be seen as a lesson that WWE's so called superstars aren't cut out for MMA, but if you look at how much money the UFC are offering there won't be many that will turn it down. Most of the fighters are coming towards the end of their careers anyway, so as long as they just get one last payday then win, lose or draw I'm sure they will walk away happy enough.

R

rz3300

Banned
I am glad that some of these athletes are trying their luck in other sports and arenas. I always got a little tired of people saying that wrestling is fake and they are not athletes. It is fake, we all know this, but it takes a lot of work and they are certainly athletes, although maybe a little more "synthetic".

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

From WWE, CM Punk tried his hand at UFC. The 37-year old wrestler had his UFC debut against Mickey Gall who is also a newbie with 2 wins and no losses. In that UFC 203 bout, Gall had an easy time defeating Punk via a rear-naked choke. Punk didn't have an opportunity to hit Gall who had a quick takedown in the early seconds of the fight.

This may be a lesson to the wrestlers that real MMA is not for them.

I watched both Brock Lesnar and CM Punk get themselves beaten up by way of submission in MMA but to tell you guys frankly MMA ground game or the Jiu Jitsu is extremely overrated. In a real street fight jui jitsu is week why well you have to look at Bruce Lee's Style Jeet Kune Do for answers or Ed Parkers Kenpo Karate style even Mas Oyama's Kyokushin Style all teaches vital point striking. Finger jab the eye to blind, strike the throat and the groin to immobilize, technique used in the first years of the UFC but again UFC was just a vehicle to launch the Gracie family to stardon.

Back to CM Punk he's weak unlike Brock who proved that a WWE star has the talent to become a UFC champion but he did lost his belt soon enough. I really think that UFC should revert to the early years where a fighter would fight several times with no weight classes and no rounds. During those days it was a real fight. Now I stopped watching UFC, because their fighters suck in what they do, it's better to watch WWE atleast it's entertaining.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like CM Punk and everything but in real MMA he is just another punk. With the kind of whoop-ass and embarrassement he got from Mickey Gall in his promotional debut he should just quit. It looks like the 39-year-old wants another shot though, even though I still think the beating he received was so one-sided that it has to be some sort of UFC record.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched both Brock Lesnar and CM Punk get themselves beaten up by way of submission in MMA but to tell you guys frankly MMA ground game or the Jiu Jitsu is extremely overrated. In a real street fight jui jitsu is week why well you have to look at Bruce Lee's Style Jeet Kune Do for answers or Ed Parkers Kenpo Karate style even Mas Oyama's Kyokushin Style all teaches vital point striking. Finger jab the eye to blind, strike the throat and the groin to immobilize, technique used in the first years of the UFC but again UFC was just a vehicle to launch the Gracie family to stardon.Back to CM Punk he's weak unlike Brock who proved that a WWE star has the talent to become a UFC champion but he did lost his belt soon enough. I really think that UFC should revert to the early years where a fighter would fight several times with no weight classes and no rounds. During those days it was a real fight. Now I stopped watching UFC, because their fighters suck in what they do, it's better to watch WWE atleast it's entertaining.
I agree that Brock Lesnar is made of a different material because until now, 2018, he is still being challenged by some heavyweights. When former UFC light heavyweight champion regained his belt against Daniel Cormier, he aired a message of challenge to Brock Lesnar. I think Lesnar lost his belt because he was already suffering from colon problems. But after the tumor was removed, Lesnar was again back in the octagon.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In my opinion after accessing what CM PUNK can do, I have serious reasons to believe that he is not best suited for UFC. His body structure doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, so he better quit UFC.