• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pacquiao wants $20M for his next fight

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Legendary boxing promoter Bob Arum is surprised by the demand of Manny Pacquiao to the tune of $20 million. The tentative opponent is Terrence Crawford, the welterweight champion who is undefeated. The style of Crawford is similar to the fighting style of Mayweather. If it pushes through, the fight will be held in April 2017.

P

pwarbi

To be honest, even though $20million seems a lot, Manny is getting to that stage of his career now where I think he is looking for maybe one last big payday as he must surely be thinking about hanging up his gloves in the not to distant future? Even though i'm not sure that Manny is as big a name as he once was, I do still think that for maybe one last time he can command that kind of price tag, although if I was him I'd be wary about taking on an opponent like Crawford as I think he is vastly underrated.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe Manny will get his as kicked again.

P

pwarbi

Well I think if he does then he will definitely be thinking about retiring sooner rather than later. Personally if I was him I think I'd have given up a long time ago as he's never going to be as good as he once was, and no matte how well we train and how well we look after ourselves, we can't beat time and when we start to get older, we sadly have to accept the fact that we are never going to be back to our best.

R

remnant

Banned
I think he is trying to raise his status, his perception. You see, most impressions are about perception and if Pacquiao can prove his substance, he is intent in breaking into the big league. Pay is part me the impression and from here, he gonna launch into bigger things don't you see?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Poor Manny Pacquiao, it seems that he has reached the end of the road with his career. His offer for a rematch with Jeff Horn fell on deaf ears when Horn fought Gary Corcoran and stopped the challenger in the 11th round due to eye injury for a successful defense of Horn’s WBO welterweight crown. Pacquiao is left out in the cold. Even his tweet to Conor McGregor who lost to Floyd Mayweather in 10 rounds seemed to be ignored. Well, sometimes luck runs out too on a lucky guy.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WBO super featherweight champion Vasil Lomachenko is the next prospect of Pacquiao as opponent for his comeback fight after losing to Jeff Horn of Australia who evaded a rematch with Pacquiao in favor of Corcoran which Horn stopped in the 10th round. After Conor McGregor ignored the prelude tweet of Pacquiao for a fight, the 8-division champion is now aiming for the Lomachenko. But sadly, the handlers of the Ukrainian champion vehemently denied the rumor. The denial was frank that their boxer will not be fighting Pacquiao. So there, it seems that Pacman is left with no opponent in sight.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pacquiao fights are insane, it's all about marketing. Last time he wasn't even fighting a guy from the same sport, so what's the point really?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the tentative fight of Jeff Horn and Terence Crawford on April 21 in Las Vegas, Top Rank honcho Bob Arum is thinking of including Manny Pacquaio in the fight card. It will be good to be an undercard of that unification fight of welterweights. However, there’s no opponent yet and Arum is still doing some evaluation. Again, Pacquiao is seeming to be a poor boy with no playmate to speak of.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No question he is a strong fighter, but the values involved are insane. People just love to watch other people fighting...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is now a bit of confusion for the next fight of Manny Pacquiao. Veteran promoter Bob Arum has slated a Pacquiao fight vs Mike Alvarado in April but Pacquiao is hinting that he wants Lucas Mathysse for his opponent. Although Arum agreed with Mathysse but he said it will not be in April. It is as if saying that Pacquiao has to deal with Alvarado first before making plans of his next fight. Take note that the last fight of Pacquaio was when he lost to Jeff Horn via a unanimous decision. It looks like Pacquiao is afraid of Alvarado?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manny Pacquiao to fight in June. That is according to the senator boxer who refused to fight Mike Alvarado, a former world champion. Pacquiao felt it degrading to fight in the undercard of the bout of Jeff Horn and Terence Crawford. There is already a date which is June 24 but the foe is yet to be named. The prospective opponent is either Danny Garcia who is a 2-time world champion or Argentinian Lucas Matthysse, the current WBA welterweight champion.

M

Melee

Banned
Manny Pacquiao to fight in June. That is according to the senator boxer who refused to fight Mike Alvarado, a former world champion. Pacquiao felt it degrading to fight in the undercard of the bout of Jeff Horn and Terence Crawford. There is already a date which is June 24 but the foe is yet to be named. The prospective opponent is either Danny Garcia who is a 2-time world champion or Argentinian Lucas Matthysse, the current WBA welterweight champion.

I just read online that the promoter Bob Arum says that there's no deal yet for a June fight, and on top of that he doesn't think there will ever be one. Why does it seem that Manny is having so many issues getting himself a fight? I don't get it. With the astronomical amount of money that Mayweather and McGregor made, getting Manny a fight for even half amount should be a piece of cake.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I just read online that the promoter Bob Arum says that there's no deal yet for a June fight, and on top of that he doesn't think there will ever be one. Why does it seem that Manny is having so many issues getting himself a fight? I don't get it. With the astronomical amount of money that Mayweather and McGregor made, getting Manny a fight for even half amount should be a piece of cake.
Because everyone knows he just wants money and will probably lose.

M

Melee

Banned
Really? I didn't know that. And since I haven't done that much research on the subject, I'll have to take your word for it. Can't blame the man for wanting to get paid, and in every single fight, there is always a winner and a loser, unless it's a tie. So, if he loses, that should be okai as long as he performs well. Hopefully this fight in June will happen for him. Since so many people have been against him even getting this fight, hopefully he can use the opportunity to get in the ring and make a statement. In the article I read he says that he'll be ready.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manny Pacquiao has started his training by jogging around the upscale village where he lives. He is excited and very serious with his planned fight against WBA welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse. Both camps of Pacquiao and Oscar Dela Hoya who manages Matthysse are confident that the fight will push through on June 24 in Kuala Lumpur. There will be a press conference in Manila and in Kuala Lumpur a month before the fight.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a show or a real boxing match. a show.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a show or a real boxing match. a show.

Maybe both. I don't think Pacquiao is that big attraction like before and his latest fight proved of his vulnerability. And even if some people believe that Horn did not win the fight, it is a fact that Pacquiao had lost. With that loss, his popularity has gone down considering his other losses inflicted in the last 5 years that included his loss to Mayweather. In other words, Manny Pacquiao is not a big draw anymore and I think Matthysse will get the protection of the judges, if there will be a bias in the scoring.