• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WWE fighters should have big muscles?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are fighters in WWE required to have a bulky and muscled body? I was surprised to see CM Punk in the UFC during his debut against Mickey Gall who is also a newbie in UFC. Punk didn’t have that muscle typical of a wrestler in WWEa and all he got were the tattoo all over his body and limbs. The way I saw him, he doesn’t fit in the category of WWE fighters. Pardon me for typifying WWE wrestlers, that’s my personal opinion and I hope no one will be offended.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You aren't wrong in your observation and perception. Many people are of the similar notion but in reality that is not THE requirement to win a fight and ultimately win the crowd and the title.

Its all in the mind, I usually say. The mind is the most powerful and thats where the strength lies. Yes, the body helps but not the built rather the tactics.

P

pwarbi

Obviously if a fighter as got an impressive physique then it will add to his game and popularity, and that's one of the most important things in WWE, what the fans think of you. There's no way that people like The Rock would have been as popular as he was (and still is) if he was some 5'7" scrawny white kid. Whether or not your build and stature help you win a fight or not is going to be debatable, as I think we're all aware that who wins or loses is more down to the script writers more than the actual fighters themselves.

R

rz3300

Banned
I always kind of enjoyed the mix of body types here, but I have not watched in a while so not really sure what it is like now. They used to have the beer belly guy, the suma wrestler type guy and then of course your The Rock and people like that. They were all tough though, of course, in their own right.

K

Ketsugo

Yeah I'm 52 so been watching since 70s the days of samartino
Etc god I'm feeling old lol the wwe chicks are hotter then days of fabulous moolah lmao

K

Ketsugo

Obviously if a fighter as got an impressive physique then it will add to his game and popularity, and that's one of the most important things in WWE, what the fans think of you. There's no way that people like The Rock would have been as popular as he was (and still is) if he was some 5'7" scrawny white kid. Whether or not your build and stature help you win a fight or not is going to be debatable, as I think we're all aware that who wins or loses is more down to the script writers more than the actual fighters themselves.

True one reason stood test of time they prey on hypocrisy of shallow people ( 90% of public ) just look at champs of 70s Bruno Sammartino, Bob backland smooth pot bellied pigs but agile good wrestle moves . Evolution of training and methodology we got ultimate warrior type , but even hogan and undertaker body gained better shape over time . Guys now look great glorious guy!, randy Orton , the Arab guy forget name , aJ styles , John Cena all look awesome. The chicks went from Moolah who maybe in 1950s was standard but she wrestled into her 70s and respect she was not easy to look at . Today in woman’s WWE even the ugly chicks are drop dead Georgeous lol. That new Japanese chic she is sweety lol but acrobatic and fun to watch. Even that big chick she’s like the new female Andrea giant so to speak is easy on eyes . Rick flairs daughter pretty . It’s nuts ! Roman Reigns superb condition ! I’m still fan Batista loved stone cold now he wasn’t shredded but had good physical appearance looked strong , plus funny as hell . Personally I love WWE it’s like ongoing comedy soap . Not interested in matches I love the interviews the ploys lol . Look angle and triple H still look good .

B

bearkane44

Banned
I love to watch WWE shows. I see most of them have big muscle.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

In my point of view, while having enormous biceps should not be the number one priority for a wrestler, it has to be taken into consideration that human beings are also by nature visual. And since they are in the entertainment industry, in one way or the other I believe it's necessary but not strictly mandatory.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have noticed in the WWE now are not just the men with big muscles but also the women. Aside from their muscled but sexy bodies, they also have the pretty face to go with it. One example is Ronda Rousey who is admittedly one of the beautiful faces in the mixed martial arts industry. She has become an actress because of her face. The women fighters of WWE are so nice to look at even if the fights are obviously scripted. It is like watching a beauty pageant.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A good physique is not required for wrestling stardom, but it does really improve your chances in the wrestling big leagues. Professional wrestling is a very image-conscious kind of sport- and they say that is why wrestling became so big in the 1980s and again in the late 90s, because of the muscular physiques.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Are fighters in WWE required to have a bulky and muscled body? I was surprised to see CM Punk in the UFC during his debut against Mickey Gall who is also a newbie in UFC. Punk didn’t have that muscle typical of a wrestler in WWEa and all he got were the tattoo all over his body and limbs. The way I saw him, he doesn’t fit in the category of WWE fighters. Pardon me for typifying WWE wrestlers, that’s my personal opinion and I hope no one will be offended.

There was a time when wrestlers are huge like in the 70's, 80's and 90's remember Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Yokozuna, Andre the Giant, Diesel, The Big Show? These wrestlers where tall and maasive, they weren't that muscular well except for The Ultimate Warrior. But gradually smaller wrestlers began to debut in the last 15-20 years and they're shorter and leaner but more muscular like HBK and CM Punk which also became WWE champions. I think leaner means they can do more acrobatic moves inside the ring unlike big bulky wrestlers who moves slowly and can't jump from the tight rope well except for one legend which I miss so much watching...The Undertaker.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Being a good wrestling professional in the WWE doesn't come with the mandate of having huge muscles but having guts, will, tenacity, courage and endurance to fight and succeed in the company. Most of these guys with huge muscles are on steroids. Big muscles doesn't make one strong.