• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Boxing and MMA in the Olympics

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am predicting that in the years to come, MMA will be part of the Olympics and later on will replace boxing as the favorite fighting sport of Olympians. Right now, boxing is preferred over Tae Kwon Do and wrestling maybe because of the brutality (pardon the term) or the injury that is possible to be inflicted. But MMA can provide a much more brutality so if boxing and MMA become side by side in the Olympics, my prediction will definitely come true that MMA will be the most popular fighting sport in the Olympics.

P

pwarbi

Wrestling is also still involved in the Olympics don't forget, so would the competition be open to having another combat sport in there? I do think you are right, and eventually there will be calls for MMA to be made an Olympic sport, but would they take out boxing and/or wrestling to include MMA, I'm not too sure. Also, if they did have to choose which one gets replaced, I'm sure that it would cause a lot of problems for the competitors of the sport that's being replaced as I don't know about in other countries, but here in the UK the funding for the events is set up with a long term plan in mind, so we can't justify ploughing millions into the amateur boxers, only for the sport to be cancelled and replaced by another.