• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Serious injuries in MMA fights

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have seen MMA fights that resulted in serious injuries to the fighter. One example is the championship fight between Christ Weidman and Anderson Silva for the middleweight belt of UFC. In their first fight, Silva was the champion and Weidman was able to knock him out with a flurry of punches to the head. And in the return match, Silva released a hard kick to the leg of Weidman which caused Silva’s leg to break. Yeah, a broken leg prevented Silva to continue with the fight.

With those injuries, are MMA fights getting to be barbaric?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have seen MMA fights that resulted in serious injuries to the fighter. One example is the championship fight between Christ Weidman and Anderson Silva for the middleweight belt of UFC. In their first fight, Silva was the champion and Weidman was able to knock him out with a flurry of punches to the head. And in the return match, Silva released a hard kick to the leg of Weidman which caused Silva’s leg to break. Yeah, a broken leg prevented Silva to continue with the fight.

With those injuries, are MMA fights getting to be barbaric?
It's definitely barbaric but that is why ts so entertaining.

P

pwarbi

You can't expect a combat sport not to have any injuries, and the fighters know that when they enter the ring so there's only so much that the authorities can do. Boxing, wrestling and MMA have amongst the most safety measures in place of any sport, but at the same time people are going to get injured, that's all part of it. One of the concerns that I have about boxing is the size and eight of the gloves that are used, and when a boxer gets a brain injury from a fight, it's the glove that's done the damage and not the actual punch thrown, so does that mean there is a case to let boxers fight bare knuckle, of course it doesn't.

I think that just highlights the problems that the safety officers have, and whenever a person lands a punch or a kick on another, there is always a chance that something bad is going to happen. That's also the reason though that a lot of people like watching it in the first place and if we did manage to eliminate the dangerous element, would it still be as popular? My guess is that it wouldn't.