No standing knockdown in MMA
Your first visit?
Register

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

No standing knockdown in MMA

I have noticed that unlike in boxing, there is no standing knockdown in MMA. Although the referee can stop the fight due to heavy injuries or severe punishment from the opponent, the disadvantaged fighter cannot get a respite from the referee. In boxing, a standing knockdown means the referee gives 8 seconds for the boxer to recover. Aside from the 8 counts, the referee also checks on the boxer’s capability to continue fighting. And the referee stops the fight if he thinks the boxer cannot continue anymore. Is this difference an indication that MMA fighters are real warriors than boxers?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: No standing knockdown in MMA

Personally I'd actually like to see a standing count brought into the UFC, as I think that the way it is at the moment it doesn't show a true reflection on how a fight is. How many times have we seen a fighter get knocked down and that's been it, end of the fight when 2 seconds later the fighter is up and bouncing around. There have been many times when a fight has been called over before it's begun and implementing a standing count would stop that.

The whole purpose of the standing count was so the referee can assess the fighter and make sure he can carry on. If he can't then the referee stops the contest anyway, so what's the problem with NOT bringing that rule into UFC also?

collapse Posting Permissions