• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

No standing knockdown in MMA

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have noticed that unlike in boxing, there is no standing knockdown in MMA. Although the referee can stop the fight due to heavy injuries or severe punishment from the opponent, the disadvantaged fighter cannot get a respite from the referee. In boxing, a standing knockdown means the referee gives 8 seconds for the boxer to recover. Aside from the 8 counts, the referee also checks on the boxer’s capability to continue fighting. And the referee stops the fight if he thinks the boxer cannot continue anymore. Is this difference an indication that MMA fighters are real warriors than boxers?

P

pwarbi

Personally I'd actually like to see a standing count brought into the UFC, as I think that the way it is at the moment it doesn't show a true reflection on how a fight is. How many times have we seen a fighter get knocked down and that's been it, end of the fight when 2 seconds later the fighter is up and bouncing around. There have been many times when a fight has been called over before it's begun and implementing a standing count would stop that.

The whole purpose of the standing count was so the referee can assess the fighter and make sure he can carry on. If he can't then the referee stops the contest anyway, so what's the problem with NOT bringing that rule into UFC also?