• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Failed comback of BJ Penn

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wonder why BJ Penn was pitted versus Yair Rodriguez. Penn is a UFC Hall of Famer who is obviously past his prime at 38 years old. Rodriguez is 24 years old and a wizard with his feet, he is reputedly the best kicker in town. And the pundits were right because Yair had beaten Penn to a pulp in the first round and finished the former lightweight and welterweight champion at the start of the second round. It was a mismatch but the UFC boss said that it was a crowd drawer. Well, money really is the object of those fights.

P

pwarbi

You've pretty much answered your on question, and the fight was made primarily for the money. I do think that people wanted to see what would happen between a legend and up and coming prospect, and on paper the fight was a mis-match, and that's exactly how it turned out. Penn would have been handsomely rewarded for the fight so I don't feel all that sorry for him, but as for Rodriguez I'm not sure we've learned all that much more than what we didn't know already.

He gets another win on his record but other than that the fight didn't really serve much of a purpose other than make the UFC a bit of money, but as you say...that seems to be what it's all about these days.