• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bodybuilding after age 25.

P

ptahm22

I've read articles and magazines that claim that bodybuilding when you are twenty five years old and above is more complicated than when you're young. Is this true?

V

vinisouz

I am 25, maybe, the magazines have affirmed this because the body has more difficult to develop its muscles. Moreover, it is easier to get an injury. Could you share name of articles or magazines which have affirmed that?

R

rz3300

Banned
It certainly takes discipline, and also a lot more mental focus too because you really have to pay closer attention to your body and the signs that it is trying to tell you. Mostly that is noises and pains and smells, but you know what I mean. Everyone is different, but shortly after 25 things tend to slide a bit.

L

lazar

I think that's normal. The older you get, the harder it is to gain muscles. But I don't think that's the reason to get discouraged, on the contrary, we should work harder!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This topic is similar to growth in height where humans stop growing in height at the age of 25 but usually earlier like 20. But with body building, it is not impossible to grow muscles after age 25 although the body is not that flexible anymore unlike when you are still in the growing age. Besides, 25 may be considered old but not so old because of the diseases that you might already have developed. I have some friends with high blood pressure at that young age. Diseases like that make it complicated when it comes to building muscles.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think I have heard or read somewhere that the spine gets old by 25 years of age. I think they meant to say that the spine starts loosing its flexibility by 25 may be.

However, muscles can be built at any age by right workouts. It's all about hypertrophy.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is the age(25) that most people stop growing, both men and women, basically because of the lower hormones including testosterone levels, etc. These things make it more difficult after 25, although it is not impossible to build muscles. Try to forget about stress so much as well, which can get in the way quite a bit sometimes.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You tend to develop faster when you are a lot younger than when you are older especially with getting immediate results with your workouts. The younger the better but that doesn't mean you don't develop as well when you are older.