• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Kabaddi is a new international sport

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have seen the Kabaddi World Cup in the Fox Sports channel some weeks back. It was a fun sport played by 2 teams of 7 members each. The court is like a tennis court sans the net in the middle. The object of the game is to touch an opponent and successfully return to their base to score. For the opposing team, they can tackle the attacking team member to score. Each team holds their base at the opposite end of the court.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have watched and played Kabbadi since childhood. It was one of the common street games. Just that recently it got international recognition and I did watch Kabbadi World Cup too.

I love the sport and it needs a lot of good breathing ability. The original game includes the one player who goes to the opposite team to chant a wors like kabbadi non stop till his breath looses out. The sport is fun indeed.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Never heard of it. Where did it originate?

R

rz3300

Banned
I am pretty sure that I have heard of this, but I am also pretty sure that I have never seen anything on it and so I am not really all that sure about what we are dealing with here. I know that I need to find out more though, so thanks for that little inspiration to go learn a little bit.

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
Interesting, u learn something new everyday. This is the first time I've ever heard of this sport, just watched a bit of YouTube to get a better ides. It definitely reminds me of a game i would have played as a boy.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am guessing that Kabaddi originated in India simply because India emerged champion in the World Cup of Kabaddi recently. We have a street game called Moro-moro that we played during my grade school years. It was the sport in the school although it was not officially sanctioned. Not to brag but I was one of the fastest runners and my team always won. However, our game was only to touch and not to tackle so it is less physical for grade school boys. I think Kabaddi is gaining worldwide popularity since the games were already covered by Fox Sports channel.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have never heard of this game until now.
Checked it out on YouTube, so I could see what's what with this game.