• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Does daily training abuse the body?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One former athlete said that if you are not going to fight, it is better not to train so as to give your body enough respite because the training (of a fighter) is an abuse to the human body. When you grow old, the abuses might manifest in the form of sickness like arthritis, rheumatism and other diseases. There's also the probability of Parkinson's Disease which had happened to Muhammad Ali. That may be a good advice to the athletes particularly to the boxers and fighters because I know that their training is too hard.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Re: Does daily training abuses the body?

You have to train different muscle groups on different days.

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
And as far as Parkinson disease if you aren't a fighter chances are you aren't getting pounded in the dome all day. No such thing as over training, just under recovering (in my most humble opinion )

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And as far as Parkinson disease if you aren't a fighter chances are you aren't getting pounded in the dome all day. No such thing as over training, just under recovering (in my most humble opinion )
I agree in a way but muscle need time to heal.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is why training is adviced thrice a week for a particular group of muscle. Rest helps the muscle grow. Exercise is a catabolic state while resting is anabolic.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can do every day is you change muscles.

R

remnant

Banned
Its not how hard you train but the regularity of the same. More blood is supplied to the muscles during rest resulting in increase in muscle mass and size. Then again daily training creates mental fatigue and you wouldn't be performing optimally.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's all about the training we do. If we change group muscles and allow time to rest to other groups, we'll be fine.

preacherbob50

preacherbob50

I can't get a grip on the OP. "If you're not going to fight it's better not to train" is a little uh.......no, I'll be nice.
When I train, I punish every single fiber of the muscle group I am trying to build. I want micro fissures all over the place and I want to ache in the morning just to remind me why I have to go train again!
I'm not a boxer nor a person who will likely be seen playing some sport that involves banging heads together but I dearly love throwing around a few plates and trying to stretch a few cables whilst experiencing a great pump. The song, "Hurts So Good" comes to mind.

I work certain muscle groups on their own days in order to allow for rest and healing but I also train 6 days a week. I'm nearly 70 and I think clearer and feel better than I did prior to making the commitment to build muscle and get healthy.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think what the OP meant was that if there's no fight the motivation to train is not as intense, but surely that one should workout with the same intensity, even if we are not competing.

I can't get a grip on the OP. "If you're not going to fight it's better not to train" is a little uh.......no, I'll be nice.
When I train, I punish every single fiber of the muscle group I am trying to build. I want micro fissures all over the place and I want to ache in the morning just to remind me why I have to go train again!
I'm not a boxer nor a person who will likely be seen playing some sport that involves banging heads together but I dearly love throwing around a few plates and trying to stretch a few cables whilst experiencing a great pump. The song, "Hurts So Good" comes to mind.

I work certain muscle groups on their own days in order to allow for rest and healing but I also train 6 days a week. I'm nearly 70 and I think clearer and feel better than I did prior to making the commitment to build muscle and get healthy.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Yes it does, any kind of physical regimen done daily will eventually back fire. One must always take a rest, a good example would be going to the gym, it's not advisable to lift weights 7 days a week, it's best to do it 3x to 5x a week then take a rest and let your muscles build.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It depends on the training, we don't need to push ourselves to the limit daily, and this is why the recovery training concept exists.

preacherbob50

preacherbob50

I agree but only partially. If we work the same muscles one day after the other it does very little good because those muscles aren't given enough down time.
Separate the muscle groups and work them on a temporary set schedule giving each group the rest they need and everything is hunky-dory.

Arnold worked out 6 days a week as do many pro bodybuilders but they do it with a plan in mind based on the real science of it.
I'm no pro and too old to even think about it beyond a very possible amateur status, but I have had some very satisfying results from hitting it hard 6 days a week.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Speaking as someone who has had Osteoarthritis for the last 12 years.

I always Feel Much Better after Training, and it's Important to do so when you have Arthritis of any Type.
But you do it Smartly, so I'll do a Week of Heavy Training followed by a Week of Light Training.
This way I'm giving the Joints a Break, but keeping them in shape.

Hell, even on my Off-Days, I'm doing Body-Weight Workouts to keep my Mobility and Flexibility up to par.............................. JP
P.S.
Getting Old doesn't mean you Stop ~ it means you use your Brain to avoid Injury !

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One former athlete said that if you are not going to fight, it is better not to train so as to give your body enough respite because the training (of a fighter) is an abuse to the human body. When you grow old, the abuses might manifest in the form of sickness like arthritis, rheumatism and other diseases. There's also the probability of Parkinson's Disease which had happened to Muhammad Ali. That may be a good advice to the athletes particularly to the boxers and fighters because I know that their training is too hard.

This assessment is very wrong by this so called trainer. He definitely does not know what he is teaching, I really pity those who are listening to him and his instruction. In fact, it's when your are not fighting that you need to do more training in order to be in good shape, fully fit, agile and sharp.

Once you stop training because you are not in any active fighting, you are definitely going to lose your form, your footing and confidence. Training should be on daily basis unless you are ill.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It also depends on our age and physical condition. To train daily one needs to have a specific training plan, we cannot simply go for it and hope for the best.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It also depends on our age and physical condition. To train daily one needs to have a specific training plan, we cannot simply go for it and hope for the best.

Well, as long as you are in a very good health condition I believe that you can chose to put yourself in a constant light training on daily basis. It's not too much in my opinion as long as your body is used to it even though if you are advanced in age. Keeping it light and simple with workouts will definitely make you feel better and fit always. It's not considered to be an abuse when applied in such manner.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lifting weights every day is not so great and can keep you from gaining muscle and getting leaner. When you lift weights, you create micro tears in your muscles - your muscles grow and get stronger when you let these tears repair, so working the same muscle everyday is bad for the muscle rebuilding process.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you over do anything which you take on as your workout drills, it's definitely going to be inimical to your health. My junior almost had a dislocated scapula when he was doing too much weight lifting.

Too much of everything is very bad.

L

lokielovesbunny

I think "Yes" it can damage the muscles or tissue as they need some time too, to grow as well, taking supplement works best in this case it repairs the body and tissues, if your doing one particular exercise over the period of time you will be noticed that there is no growth can lead to injury that why we have weak plan to go with.