• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Suggestions for weight gain.

P

ptahm22

I struggle to keep my weight up. I just found out how many calories my extra virgin olive oil in my pantry has. Using some olive oil I was able to make a smoothie packed with just over 700 calories that tasted... okay. Drinkable but a little bit awful. Would this be healthy to make a regular part of my daily routine? Are there any other suggestions for high calorie smoothies or other foods to maintain my weight?

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My nephew is really tall, and he is also struggling to gain weight, so the nutritionist just told him to do gym at least 3-4 times per week, and eat a lot of potatoes, past, rice and so on. It has been working out for him.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In this part of the globe, rice is the number 1 element for gaining weight although corn is preferred in the southern part of the country. Rice also gives you energy in the form of carbohydrates but the drawback is that you become a bit flubby if you don’t have enough physical activity to burn. You know that burned fats are converted into muscles so it’s up to you to choose. Eat a lot of rice and better with meat as a combination and then you can remain as you are and have more flesh or you can indulge in a workout to have muscles.

johnjohn

johnjohn

Rice potatoes breads foods that are high starch. Then there always weight gainer shakes
8c92e03010ca3331adab34ce08a88cbd-1.jpg

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why don't you go for a lot of everything? I mean carbs, proteins and oils? I thought that olive oil has the lower calories while other oils had more. You may want to check on this.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have found that no matter what you are trying to accomplish, whether it be Weight Gain or Loss.

If you aren't Tracking your Daily Intake of Carbs/Fats/Protein, there's no way you can have a Profound Impact on any Progress.

Myfitnesspal is a Free Diet Tracking App for Computers and Smartphones.

It tracks Carbs/Fats/Protein + Sodium/Sugar/and Water Intake.

It also allows you to set-up your Macros any way you need to, follow the Online Prompts to set-up an account.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

When someone wants to gain weight, I always recommend what my P.E. teacher taught us, he said to gain weight one must eat 3 healthy normal meals a day and then add on 3 snacks (burgers, meat and cheese sandwiches, pizza, hot pockets, pies, cakes,e ggs, pasta) in mid morning, late afternoon and midnight. As well as to drink 3 glasses of whole milk or full cream milk or chocolate drink a day. And in just a week you would surely gain some pounds.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yep, when we already have a good diet to gain weight, nothing like charging further with supplements.

Rice potatoes breads foods that are high starch. Then there always weight gainer shakes
8c92e03010ca3331adab34ce08a88cbd-1.jpg

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also a quick way to gain weight would be to try and make your own smoothies, and they can be highly nutritious and help with weight gain. You could try making a chocolate banana nut shake-combine one banana, one scoop of chocolate whey protein, and one tablespoon of peanut butter, also add two cups of milk as well and drink it down. Try to avoid the commercial versions of smoothies which contain to much sugar. This smoothie will provide you with 400-600 calories along with a high amount of protein and other important vitamins and minerals as well.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eat everything! Eat big & lots of it. That's my take for people that can't keep their weight up. Once you start putting weight on, you can adjust your diet if you need to. If your going to take a gainer, I would take it before bed. Those shakes can be filling & to take it in the middle of the day could mess with your appetite.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that first you should start by eating every meal without skipping.Then you should eat enough amount of food and sometimes eat snacks between your normal meals.If you feel like sometimes you don't have any appetite you should buy an appetizer pill in a pharmacy.