• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is this true......?

P

ptahm22

I recently came across this on a Facebook post.
"New study finds few benefits of consuming more than 0.85 g/kg/d of protein even in previously untrained individuals.

Protein supplementation does not further increase latissimus dorsi muscle fiber hypertrophy after eight weeks of resistance training in novice subjects, but partially counteracts the fast-to-slow muscle fiber transition."
I've been consuming 1.5g/kg/d and seems that all that has gone to waste.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really cannot argument against or in favor of what you write @ptham22, but the fact is that protein helps us build muscle, and in days that our nutrition is more poor than ever, having a good protein supplement can make a big difference.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I recently came across this on a Facebook post.
"New study finds few benefits of consuming more than 0.85 g/kg/d of protein even in previously untrained individuals.

Protein supplementation does not further increase latissimus dorsi muscle fiber hypertrophy after eight weeks of resistance training in novice subjects, but partially counteracts the fast-to-slow muscle fiber transition."
I've been consuming 1.5g/kg/d and seems that all that has gone to waste.

Why particularly lattisimus dorsi? All other muscles also work on the same principles and if it were growth of a certain muscle that we are talking about then all other muscles grow in the same fashion.

Muscle grows best when in resting state after a period of exercise. Hence, recovery time is important for growth and effectiveness of supplements.

Were you following these routines carefully?