• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Female MMA fighters headline fights

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have noticed that female bouts are the headliners in UFC lately. After the main event of Ronda Rousey vs Amanda Nunes by the end of 2016, yesterday's UFC fights was headlined by the female bout of Pena vs Scevchenko... pardon me if the speling is not accurate. It seems that female fighters in the UFC are getting more popular than male fighters. Next week it is the turn of Holly Holm again vs Randamie a featherweight ranked fighter.

P

pwarbi

I'm not sure that they are getting more popular, I just think that the UFC itself wants to promote them just as much as they do the male fighters so they are on an even footing in the sport. Those of us that like to watch the male fighters perform, also like the skill, power and passion that the female fighters produce as well and the days are well and truly over hen people saw female MMA as a second rate sport that was just there as a token option to stop people claiming it was sexist.

These days the female MMA stars are as well known and as well respected as the males, and that's really how it should be.