• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Questions about milk

BigNigga

BigNigga

should I be drinking milk? a dr said I should drink it every day. is fat free good or whole?

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you are exercising regularly, whole milk is the best for you. Yes. Milk should be consumed daily as the calcium in it has a daily allowance. You can even fortify your milk with stuffs like baby milk formula or Bornvita to make it more nutrient rich and palatable if you aren't a fan of plain milk.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Milk is a big puzzle, as some doctors say is the best for calcium, while others say it's harmful because of the animal acids it carries. For me it's a big no, as I have allergies and I react strongly to milk, so it depends on each one I believe.

V

vinisouz

In bodybuilding, when athletes desire muscle hypertrophy, a number of amino acids are needed, especially the protein, a macronutrient made up of amino acids, which is abundant in milk. Studies say that in a medium cup of milk, it contains about 6 to 8 grams of protein, so for those who train hard and want to hypertrophy their muscles is a great tip to ingest milk during their meals.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What the hell is hypertrophy? I heard of something that sounds similar that had to do with the heart. Hytrophy I think.

R

rz3300

Banned
I feel like milk is one of those foods where you hear all sorts of things ranging from the worst thing for you to the best. It is not as bad as some foods like eggs in this respect, but I still get that feeling sometimes. I just stick to everything in moderation.

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I feel like milk is one of those foods where you hear all sorts of things ranging from the worst thing for you to the best. It is not as bad as some foods like eggs in this respect, but I still get that feeling sometimes. I just stick to everything in moderation.
true dat. i still dont know if it is good or poison.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What the hell is hypertrophy? I heard of something that sounds similar that had to do with the heart. Hytrophy I think.

Hypertropht is the enlargement of an organ or tissue from the increase in size of its cells.

BigNigga

BigNigga

So there no answer? good or bad?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
B

Bruni

I drink fat free milk but sometimes I do almond milk.

naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

I use whole or 2% lactose free milk with my protein shakes.

naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

Milk is for babies. When you grow up you drink beer.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It depends on the Milk.
If it's that Hormone Laden Horseshit that they sell here in the States at every grocery store ~ then it's Bad.

If you drinking Organic Raw Milk, that's not Pasteurized or Homogenized ~ then it can be good ~ but hard to get and expensive.

Ran into a Newer Milk on the market called "Fairlife" ~ that contains No rBST or Bovine Growth Hormone or Bovine Somatotropin.
It's has 50% fewer Sugar than Regular Milk.
One Cup has 13 Grams of Protein, more Calcium than regular cows milk.
And it's Lactose Free.

R

rz3300

Banned
As much as I wish I could just drink the skim and be fine with it, I cannot because it is just awful to me. I used to like it a lot, but for whatever reason that changed to the opposite. I still like that protein though, just try to avoid that 2 percent.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As much as I wish I could just drink the skim and be fine with it, I cannot because it is just awful to me. I used to like it a lot, but for whatever reason that changed to the opposite. I still like that protein though, just try to avoid that 2 percent.

If you can find the "Fairlife" Milk in your area.
The 2% has a very rich taste, not watery like other 2% milks.
Plus it has 13 Grams of Protein per cup, with 50% Less Sugar, Hormone Free, Lactose Free.
You can find a store near you at Fairlife dot com and go to the bottom of the page for locations.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As per what our grade school teachers said, milk is good for the body especially when you are older because milk supplies your body with the needed calcium for your bones and teeth. However, some people like me have an issue with milk. It is called lactose-intolerance which means milk has a side effect. My acidic stomach would react negatively to a glass of milk if I drink it without a chaser. So drinking a glass of warm milk at night to make me sleep is not a good proposal. For breakfast, I drink milk together with the food and it’s quite okay. Lucky are those with no issues on milk. You can drink a liter of milk in a day to supply your body with lots of calcium.