• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cardio on empty stomach....?

P

ptahm22

I was told that the best way to cut, was low intensity cardio for an hour to an hour and half in the morning on an empty stomach. This will burn as much fat with as little muscle loss as possible.
Another trainer said that low intensity cardio on an empty stomach is bad and burns more muscle with fat.

I'm really confused, someone please tell me what I need to do to to lose fat with minimal muscle loss. Do low intensity cardio on an empty stomach? high intensity cardio on an empty stomach? low intensity or high intensity not on an empty stomach? what????????

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll pass out if I do cardio like that.

johnjohn

johnjohn

Fasted cardio in the am is the way to go.

naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

I was told that the best way to cut, was low intensity cardio for an hour to an hour and half in the morning on an empty stomach. This will burn as much fat with as little muscle loss as possible.
Another trainer said that low intensity cardio on an empty stomach is bad and burns more muscle with fat.

I'm really confused, someone please tell me what I need to do to to lose fat with minimal muscle loss. Do low intensity cardio on an empty stomach? high intensity cardio on an empty stomach? low intensity or high intensity not on an empty stomach? what????????

20 minutes is the most I would do if you are worried about muscle loss. Low intensity or high intensity both work. Main thing just like your workouts with weights is that you make it harder over time. Easiest way to do that is to track how many calories you burn if you use a bike, treadmill or stair master.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like other said, in empty stomach we might ending up losing more muscle than fat, as we need fuel for the body to run. This can be food, amino or protein, but never on an empty stomach!!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don’t think it is a good idea to do exercises on an empty stomach. Your body is wanting in nutrients and it might be hazardous to let it undergo the tedious process of burning fats. This might have an ill effect in the digestive system. Of course, it’s not good to do a work out on a full stomach but not on an empty stomach either. From what I understand, you need at least 2 hours of digestion (of your last meal) before you indulge in a workout.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I thought energy or sports drinks were meant for providing energy during exercising and hence it points to the fact that you might be needing energy to burn fats.

So working out on empty stomach may not be a good idea in my opinion. I am no expert though.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should eat properly before exercise, then you have the potential to perform better, enhance recovery and burn more calories, including fat calories. So exercising on a empty stomach means lower intensity, and this does not maximize your fat burning potential.

Jayson

Jayson

I'm not an expert, but working out on an empty stomach seems massively uncomfortable - and probably lowers workout quality. I mean, can a car run with no gas? It doesn't make sense!

Anyway, be sure to go to the restroom - before doing a long cardio routine like running, biking, ski simulator etc..

I don’t think it is a good idea to do exercises on an empty stomach. Your body is wanting in nutrients and it might be hazardous to let it undergo the tedious process of burning fats. This might have an ill effect in the digestive system. Of course, it’s not good to do a work out on a full stomach but not on an empty stomach either. From what I understand, you need at least 2 hours of digestion (of your last meal) before you indulge in a workout.

Yes, digestion is important.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
C

Concentrix

There is very little research that supports the idea that doing cardio on an empty stomach, which is mostly done in the morning, is more effective in burning fats than exercising in the afternoon or evening. Plus, there is no strong evidence that fasted exercise reduces muscle mass. In fact, in losing fats it always depends on the food you intake. If you eat more than the number of calories you burned, no fat loss happened. So, set your diet properly and pursue it consistently.

L

lokielovesbunny

I think cardio in empty stomach can really burn your calories and fat, as we all know, that the level of energy in the morning is always high so, there is no problem to get on the cardio empty stomach :) however in the evening time you may feel little tired sometimes duo to work or daily routine, consuming something energetic yet less in calories can help as well.

A

Athanas

Cardiovascular exercises very early in the morning on an empty stomach assists greatly individuals who want to shed off pounds.

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

I normally run in the morning and I do this on an empty stomach. It compels your body to burn fat for energy. But I heard it was wrong. We need some nutrients before we exercise because it gives us more energy resulting in a more severe exercise.

A

Athanas

Working out very early in the morning on an empty stomach is a good practice, especially for those who need to cut on some pounds. To get 100% results, a cup of hot water with lemon juice inside will do.

L

lokielovesbunny

Yes, I think we're pretty much there, cardio with empty stomach can really do the wonder, but that's not the case with everyone, as some people have health issue if they exercise without having or drinking in the morning, even its a bit of eating, but it should be there otherwise, some healthy issue, like acidity, inflammation in stomach, less energetic, and so on, I am saying, because I have seen my around me, either they eat 1 banana or maybe an apple with yogurt 30 min before the exercise.