Register

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Making my back stronger

It's good to be a noob here. I have big problems. I do free weights but I am frequently having my back cause my pain. I have to avoid any thing that causes strain like squats and even curls.

The pain is in my lower back. Can I do anything to make this area stronger?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Banned bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Making my back stronger

This is one area where I really know that I need to step it up. My whole family history is terrible and I am already starting to feel it coming on more. The back is so critical to everything though, so you have to be careful.

Member bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Here's a basic exercise that actually helps. It's called the chin up. Transform your basic chins into super chins that force your back to grow! The 21s technique will increase your muscles' time under tension while targeting three different ranges of motion.

This creates a fuller and wider V-taper by developing the lats as well as the overall back musculature. Use a pronated (overhand) grip to target more lats and less biceps.

EXECUTION
    Take hold of a chin-up bar with a wide, overhand grip.
    Start from the bottom position with a full stretch in your back.
    Perform 7 reps from the bottom to the midpoint of the exercise.
    Perform 7 reps from the midpoint to the top of the exercise.
    Perform the last 7 reps with a full range of motion. Pull your body up to the top by pulling your shoulder blades together and down. Slowly resist your bodyweight as you descend to the starting position.
    TIP
    Pull your shoulder blades together and down as you lift yourself up. Use a spotter or the chin-assist machine if necessary.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Bruni View Post
    It's good to be a noob here. I have big problems. I do free weights but I am frequently having my back cause my pain. I have to avoid any thing that causes strain like squats and even curls.

The pain is in my lower back. Can I do anything to make this area stronger?
    The first thing that crosses my head, and that is the main cause for most injuries, is if you are using the right technique for your workout. If you don't, the pain might be coming from there. If you already have an injury I strongly advise an osteopath to see you.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Are you sure that the pain in your lower back is caused by your lifting weights? Have you checked with a urologist? I see it as a symptom of a kidney problem particularly kidney stones. But anyway, if you want to do a self-diagnosis, drink a glass of water every 30 minutes for 3 hours then do your work out. If the pain is still there then I guess it is not the kidney. You have to eliminate the possible causes because the pain may get worse as you go on.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

You could try doing some Superman exercises for the back(no gym equipment required), this helps with the flexibility of the back muscles and is a geat way to strengthen your lower back and tone your glutes.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

collapse Posting Permissions