• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Making my back stronger

B

Bruni

It's good to be a noob here. I have big problems. I do free weights but I am frequently having my back cause my pain. I have to avoid any thing that causes strain like squats and even curls.

The pain is in my lower back. Can I do anything to make this area stronger?

R

rz3300

Banned
This is one area where I really know that I need to step it up. My whole family history is terrible and I am already starting to feel it coming on more. The back is so critical to everything though, so you have to be careful.

P

ptahm22

Here's a basic exercise that actually helps. It's called the chin up. Transform your basic chins into super chins that force your back to grow! The 21s technique will increase your muscles' time under tension while targeting three different ranges of motion.

This creates a fuller and wider V-taper by developing the lats as well as the overall back musculature. Use a pronated (overhand) grip to target more lats and less biceps.

EXECUTION
Take hold of a chin-up bar with a wide, overhand grip.
Start from the bottom position with a full stretch in your back.
Perform 7 reps from the bottom to the midpoint of the exercise.
Perform 7 reps from the midpoint to the top of the exercise.
Perform the last 7 reps with a full range of motion. Pull your body up to the top by pulling your shoulder blades together and down. Slowly resist your bodyweight as you descend to the starting position.
TIP
Pull your shoulder blades together and down as you lift yourself up. Use a spotter or the chin-assist machine if necessary.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's good to be a noob here. I have big problems. I do free weights but I am frequently having my back cause my pain. I have to avoid any thing that causes strain like squats and even curls.

The pain is in my lower back. Can I do anything to make this area stronger?

The first thing that crosses my head, and that is the main cause for most injuries, is if you are using the right technique for your workout. If you don't, the pain might be coming from there. If you already have an injury I strongly advise an osteopath to see you.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are you sure that the pain in your lower back is caused by your lifting weights? Have you checked with a urologist? I see it as a symptom of a kidney problem particularly kidney stones. But anyway, if you want to do a self-diagnosis, drink a glass of water every 30 minutes for 3 hours then do your work out. If the pain is still there then I guess it is not the kidney. You have to eliminate the possible causes because the pain may get worse as you go on.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could try doing some Superman exercises for the back(no gym equipment required), this helps with the flexibility of the back muscles and is a geat way to strengthen your lower back and tone your glutes.