• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pacquiao vs Horn

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manny Pacquiao is slated to fight unknown Jeff Horn of Australia. Although Horn's record boasts of 16 wins and no loss, he is a virtual unknown in international boxing. The government of Queensland is joining as a sponsor for the fight but it seems nit enough in terms of financing. The offered $5 million purse was refused by Pacquiao. And if the fight pushes through, I wonder how the odds would go. Surely it would be Pacquiao as a runaway favorite.

johnjohn

johnjohn

Pacquiao is a big money fighter. Doesn't seem like enough money to fight. Specially to fight a unknown fighter. Would like to see the odds on this myself if it took place

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pacquiao is a big money fighter. Doesn't seem like enough money to fight. Specially to fight a unknown fighter. Would like to see the odds on this myself if it took place

I agree with your opinion on Jeff Horn. He is a relatively unknown fighter in the international boxing scene. And we know that boxing is not all about skills but also popularity so I’m sure Horn will be the greatest underdog when the fight with Pacquiao pushes through. In fact, Pacquiao has hinted lately that he is looking for another opponent and in the poll that he posted, the first name in the list is Amir Khan, a more popular boxer than Jeff Horn. By the way, Manny Pacquiao is now in UAE, prospecting for a venue.

P

pwarbi

Manny vs Kahn would be a better fight I would have thought, and a fight that many people have been wanting to see for a while now so would make more sense. Having said that, Horn is an unknown when it comes to international boxing so if he did get a fight with Manny it would be a big step up for him. Manny might not make as much money fighting Horn, but whatever the outcome he will be praised for at least giving a relatively unknown fighter a chance, and at the age Manny is now, maybe that would leave more of a legacy.

I'm sure that he doesn't really need the money...!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manny vs Kahn would be a better fight I would have thought, and a fight that many people have been wanting to see for a while now so would make more sense. Having said that, Horn is an unknown when it comes to international boxing so if he did get a fight with Manny it would be a big step up for him. Manny might not make as much money fighting Horn, but whatever the outcome he will be praised for at least giving a relatively unknown fighter a chance, and at the age Manny is now, maybe that would leave more of a legacy.

I'm sure that he doesn't really need the money...!

Manny Pacquiao had a survey of his own in social media for his next opponent and the top in the list was Amir Khan. This Pakistani is now fighting under the flag of Britain. So many are saying that Khan is a much better opponent than Australian Jeff Horn. But for me, the record is one telling factor. Khan has 31 wins and 4 losses while Jeff Horn has 11 wins with no losses. On the contrary, Khan has fought great fighters while Horn was confined to fighting in his home country. Oh well, my take is that Khan’s popularity will take over so Manny Pacquiao’s fight with Jeff Horn will be shelved in favor of the lucrative purse against Amir Khan.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the end it's all about money.

P

pwarbi

The thing is, for me I think that boxing needs to give the fans what they want at least every now and again. We all remember what happened between Manny and Mayweather, and that fight everyone wanted to see for at least 10 years before it actually happened. When it did both fighters were past there best and it was a let down, so this time Manny and Kahn should make the deal now and get the fight made as soon as possible.

Manny is past his best for me, and Kahn still has a lot to prove in many people's eyes. I think this fight will prove a lot about both fighters and if Horn is against the decision, then he could always be involved in the negotiations to fight the winner of this one. That way everyone gets what they want.