• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Lifting weights slows down a fighter

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I once heard a boxing trainer say this - boxers become slow when they lift a lot of weights. Yeah, the fighter becomes stronger with the weights, maybe he develops a harder punch, but the side effect is he becomes slow. I have noticed quick-handed boxers who are not heavy punchers. That may be the reason why Manny Pacquiao is one unique boxer because he is quick with his hands and he is a heavy puncher who can knock out the opponent in one shot.

P

pwarbi

When you start any kind of combat sports, I think you have to find the right balance between speed and strength. Obviously as fighters then we all know the importance of strength and we need to be as strong as possible, but we also have to try and make sure that we don't over do it because as you say being to bulked up can actually impede our spreed. Just concentrating on strength training might very well get us more KO's and quicker than before, but if we don't manage to finish the fight in the first few rounds then the longer it goes on the more we are going to struggle.