• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Stomach exercises.

P

ptahm22

So, I've been losing weight/fat since June last year, I don't know my exact BF% but I've used the one on calculator.net and it says I've gone from 18,7% to 11,3% in 8 months (I'm a bit sceptical with the 11,3%, I think its a bit more). From 88,9 kg to 77,1 kg. 180 cm.

I've reached that point where I don't wanna lost fat anymore, but wanna concentrate on getting defined stomach muscles. I wanna start with my oblique muscles, but don't have access to a fitness center. Today I brought a 18 kg / 40 lbs dumbbell and had in mind doing side bends for these muscles. Is that a good start? If so, how would the result be? I don't wanna get too big obliques, just defines ones, so want to be sure if 18 kg is alright.

Secondly, I do have a bit of fat left, especially around the abdominal area (no gut though, my waist is 80cm), will it in anyway make my stomach look weird? Let me ask differently, will my stomach look weird if I have defined obliques but no visible abdominal muscles?

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can imagine something like a bulge between a firm flanks is how that might end up looking.

My advice is for you to go to Youtube and search for oblique exercised along with abs as doing them together will give you desired results. Abs exercises will cut down the remaining fats while obliques will give you definition. My personal favourite is Mike Chang's short and effective videos. I got desired results with them within a week's time.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Working the stomach area are the hardest ones because building that six pack requires a lot of work. With intensity and dedication we can surely make it from the one pack (lol) to the six pack.

naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

Your body fat need to be in the single digits for the definition to really show.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Right, abs are not only about muscle but are about fat content. You need to burn it big league.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I call this the battle of the bulge. My wife is deep in combat because she had neglected her weight and kept on eating and drinking soda. Now that she is 20 pounds overweight, she is having a great difficulty in losing weight. In fact, she is doing the “after 6” diet, she doesn’t ingest anything after 6pm. But her main problem is her tummy which is quite big that she looks pregnant. I have recommended sit ups but she is so lazy to do it in the morning and in the evening, she would reason out that she is tired. Oh well, I guess my wife will be stuck with her bulging tummy.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Working the stomach area are the hardest ones because building that six pack requires a lot of work. With intensity and dedication we can surely make it from the one pack (lol) to the six pack.

Lol the one pack is what I call the family pack!

@Alexandoy exercising alone is no fun. We all need motivation. Try and exercise with her I am sure she can overcome the abs fat. Not eating for long periods can do a lot more harm than good. I a not sure how safe the 'after 6' diet is.

How do one measure the body fats?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol the one pack is what I call the family pack!

@Alexandoy exercising alone is no fun. We all need motivation. Try and exercise with her I am sure she can overcome the abs fat. Not eating for long periods can do a lot more harm than good. I am not sure how safe the 'after 6' diet is.

How do one measure the body fats?

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some exercises to help you out, are running and walking, also bicycling will help, and up the intensity a bit to burn more calories around your waist. Also reverse crunches, vertical leg crunches, exercise ball crunches are some great exercises for your waist as well.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you want to have immediate effects on your stomach fat, then I would recommend that you get into serious abdominal exercises such as crunches, planks, squats, running etc.

You have to be very consistent with the workouts in order to have the results you seek within 1-2 months of dedication in the drills.